Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Re: Cloze test

Search: 

5: Re: Re: Re: Cloze test
In response to 4 01/23/12 06:03 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Spyros,

Thanks for the intro to Hot Potatoes.

I did download the software and created a little "fill the gap" page and exported it as HTML.

It worked well.

As you say, it will be good to have the marks be sent directly to gradebook. I'll create a development task to explore the option of having a Hot Potatoes activity within LAMS.

If anyone else has an interest for us to develop this, please let us know as that will bring its priority higher in the list.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cloze test
In response to 5 01/25/12 04:35 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi everybody
Thank you very much Ernie for the development. Having a cloze test within Lams (by a HP integrations or not) would be very useful, and not only for language teaching activities...
To Spyros: so we can add a HPotatoes file in Share Resources:
a) as a htm file, using "Add single file"
b) as a zip file, using "Add IMS Content Package"
In both cases we can't see in the gradebook students' results. But when you write in this thread:
"YOU can see 'Your score is 68%'" with YOU do you mean the monitor or the student? I made several tests but as a monitor I couldn't see it.
Thank you again
Luca

Posted by Luca Policastro

9: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cloze test
In response to 8 01/26/12 01:57 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Luca,

No, I don't think the monitor will be able to see the results as these are only display to learners.

In order for us to pass the mark from the learner to monitor, we probably need to do some changes in the way this is handled. Perhaps implement a Hot Potato tool in LAMS.

We'll be looking into this after our next release LAMS 2.4.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

10: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cloze test
In response to 9 01/27/12 03:16 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie
Ok, thank you! In case you need a beta tester for this tool please let me know ;)
Ciao
Luca

11: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cloze test
In response to 9 06/07/12 04:16 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi everybody
Just a small "post scriptum" for who is interested in HotPotatoes-like cloze test activities: at the moment the best way to do something similar is using Short Answer question in an Assessment activity. As you can see in the attachment, the result is not very nice, but at least it works.
Thanks
Luca

Attachments:
12: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cloze test
In response to 11 06/07/12 05:10 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Very well, Luca: I think the result is really good.
Pending developments, I want to use Cloze Test via Short Answer.

Thanks
Edoardo

Posted by Edoardo Montefusco

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum