Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: LAMS 2.4 coming up!

Search: 

2: Re: LAMS 2.4 coming up!
In response to 1 02/29/12 11:29 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I just want to acknowledge what an awesome job Ernie and the technical team have done on this upcoming release - well done! Thanks also to all the others behind the scenes who have helped support this work - much appreciated!

LAMS 2.4 has many amazing new features - and some of these open up whole new ways of thinking about LAMS. In particular, the new features for notification of progress through sequences, together with conditional sequence release, allow us to start thinking about "families of sequences" on closely-related topics.

This expands the potential of LAMS from being just about individual "classes" or "lessons" towards also being about "sequences of sequences" (or sometimes a set of different pathways through a family of sequences). This broader view can contribute towards recent work on "Curriculum Design" goals (such as the Viewpoints and OULDI projects), which can helps see LAMS is a wider contexts than just designing for a single class.

I believe there is much more to explore in this bigger picture, and LAMS will continue to evolve in the future to fully exploit this. I think it marks a significant new stage in the evolution of LAMS as a platform. For me, the idea of "families of sequences" has already changed some of the ways I approach LAMS authoring.

Posted by James Dalziel

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum