Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Comments on Moodle-LAMS integration

Search: 

2: Re: Comments on Moodle-LAMS integration
In response to 1 09/28/05 06:56 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]

Hi Josep,

Thanks very much for your comments

- There is something that seems counterintuitive to me in the first step of the process of creation of a LAMS activity. If what you want is to create a new sequence, why are you asked to choose among existing sequences such as 'Greatness', 'Test QA', etc?

Ok, let me rewind to the beginning :-)

LAMS is an application that allows you to author/create a sequence of activities according to a teacher's lesson plan. Then this lesson plan is saved as a "Learning Sequence". These Learning Sequences are saved into a Folder. There are three folders:

* Public folder: everyone can put sequences there and will eb available for every teacher to use

* Organization folder: When in LAMS, you are part of an organization (for instance, Psychology department). When saving a sequence in the org folder, you are sharing the sequence with every teacher on this organization/department

* Private folder: all the Learning Sequences you save here, are only available to you and no one else.

So the actual sequences that you saw there (in the Public folder) are the default learning sequences that come with LAMS.

The reason that they show there, it's because they are available for everyone to choose. But as you well say, you can click on the "Create new sequence" button and it will pop-up a fresh Authoring environment where you can design your learning sequence, save it (into any of the three folders mentioned above) and preview it until you are trully happy with it. Then you can close authoring (which will take you back to Moodle) and click on the "Refresh sequence list" to see the sequence you just added in LAMS.

Once you selected the sequence, you can add the name you want it to have in your Moodle Class, a brief description and then click on "Use selected sequence" to continue. And voila, you have a Moodle activity, featuring a LAMS learning sequence.

Sorry about the "Edit the selected sequence" button. I forgot to disable it. But it will allow you to edit a sequence in authoring, to do what you wanted to do: modify the "What is Greatness" and customize it to fit your needs best

Let me know if this helps. If you think there's an easier way to make this process a bit less complicated or straight forward, please let us know. There's always room for improvements!

thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum