Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2.4 Debian/Ubuntu installers/upgraders out

Search: 

13: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2.4 Debian/Ubuntu installers/upgraders out
In response to 12 04/07/14 03:16 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Daniel,

My apologies for the late reply.

2.4.1 will now be known as 2.5 as we are packing ground changing features within it.

We've been having a lot of activity lately in the development side.

Recently a cross-site scripting issues was brought up and that required to change a lot of code within LAMS to protect from these kind of attacks.

This has throw thing a bit off the original plan which was to release LAMS 2.5 within a month.

Also, I'm yet to put the final release notes for 2.5 but there a quite a lot of new cool features

* New Flashless monitor UI.
* Improved Flashless learner UI (it looks just like the old Flash one, but no Flash).
* New redesigned index page.
* Support for mobile devices in quite a few LAMS activities (unfortunately not all yet).
* Pretty much all tools monitoring interface have been improved.
* Two new activities: Scratchie and Leader tools (more on these shortly).
* Ability to move students backwards in a lesson (get them to redo activities).
* and hundreds more...

Once we are getting closer to the final version, building the installers would be pretty straight forward as they won't have major "under-the-hood" upgrades as with 2.4, but rather feature improvements this time.

We are currently working on Flashless Authoring and it looks quite nice, but I don't think this feature will cut it for 2.5 though.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum