Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: LAMS-Moodle integration problem

Search: 

2: Re: LAMS-Moodle integration problem
In response to 1 05/15/06 05:48 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi James,

You might have a similar problem to the one in this thread. Try editing the mod/lams/lib.php and replacing the line on line 4 that reads '../../config.php' with the full path to your moodle config.php, for instance '/home/horsefro/public_html/japanese-translator-patent/config.php' (make sure it points to the real file).

Cheers,

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

3: Re: Re: LAMS-Moodle integration problem
In response to 2 05/17/06 10:12 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks for that! That fixed that particular problem. I now have two more though! I have looked through the other threads and there were a couple of similar-looking problems but none of the fixes seemed to work in my case. I have a high-volume VPS (2GB of RAM) where I have installed LAMS, which is working fine by itself. I then have two sites installed on different domains also hosted on the same VPS, one of which is a production site running Moodle 1.5.3, and the other of which is a test site running Moodle. 1.6. With the site running 1.5.3 I get the following error when I try to add a LAMS sequence:

An unexpected error returned from LAMS server:soapenv:Server.userException: java.rmi.RemoteException: Fail to fetch user data from external server:lamsserver01 - Unexpected return HTTP Status; nested exception is: java.lang.Exception: Fail to fetch user data from external server:lamsserver01 - Unexpected return HTTP Status! Please contact your administrator.

I understand that this is something to do with creating users on the fly, but wasn't quite able to understand the solution as described in another thread.

Also, on the 1.6 site, I get the error as shown in the file attached.

Posted by James Phillips

Attachments:
Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum