Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Is it possible to use other languages to develop LAMS interface in LAMS 2.0?

Search: 

2: Re: Is it possible to use other languages to develop LAMS interface in LAMS 2.0?
In response to 1 07/15/06 09:08 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
G'day Tomson,

Well, since we use WDDX to talk to Flash, if you want to develop an interface to replace Flash altogether in the learner interface you can easily get the WDDX packages (XML files) that are sent back and forth and parse them using PHP, Java, or apparently .NET according to this posting and this other one.

So yes, this seems to be possible without having to rewrite a lot of code.

Can you comment a bit more on what you want to do or the plans you have for this? It will be great if we can help somehow.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: Is it possible to use other languages to develop LAMS interface in LAMS 2.0?
In response to 2 07/16/06 10:01 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie,

Thans for your reply. It's fortunate for the possibility of using origin codes.

I am very interested in LAMS, and our university is using Blackboard system. My research field is mobile e-learning, and our department is promoting students to use PDA to enrich learning. So my plan is taking advantage of LAMS and Blackboard (LAMS building block), developing a learner interface for Pocket PC by using .net compact framework.

I downloaded the source code last week and am studying them. Hope to get your help in future.

Many thanks,

Tomson

Posted by tomson xu

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum