Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Translation of error messages

Search: 

3: Re: Translation of error messages
In response to 1 08/20/06 09:21 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ralf,

Yes, I know the pain... I'm the maintainer for the Spanish translation as well... :-(

We discussed this with Fiona today and we believe it might be possible to move this common labels to a central place. However, it will require some investigation and further research. We'll get to this as we progress in the development status. We are getting really close to crunch time!

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

6: Re: Re: Translation of error messages
In response to 3 09/01/06 08:45 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,

in Submit Files are four empty language fields:
[i] Errors header
[i] Errors prefix
[i] Errors suffix
[i] Errors footer

Please fill or delete them

Ralf

Posted by Ralf Hilgenstock

7: Re: Re: Re: Translation of error messages
In response to 6 09/01/06 09:20 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Found the content of the strings, the content was unvisible in edit mode.

8: Re: Re: Translation question
In response to 3 09/02/06 06:43 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
File Monitor Java
String: Force complete successful
Info: Force complete stop message displayed in Flash. Indicates that the force complete stopped at a particular activity. {0} is the name of the activity.

Is the string text correct? The content of the infotext doesn't relate with the stringtext.

9: Re: Re: Re: Translation question
In response to 8 09/03/06 04:24 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
String 403 message
in LAMS central file includes some text twice.

11: Re: Re: Re: Re: Translation question
In response to 9 09/04/06 12:14 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
>String 403 message
>in LAMS central file includes some text twice.

Someone's copy and paste must have gone astray.

Fixed. Thanks!

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

10: Re: Re: Re: Translation question
In response to 8 09/04/06 12:08 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The string text is correct, the info is out of date. In an effort to try to give you more detail on the what the message is used for, I've just made life more confusing :-<

The info string should just read "Force complete stop message displayed in Flash."

Ernie - any chance you could fix this?

How did this happen?

When a teacher force completes a learner, they move them from their current activity to a later activity. This is designed to "catch up" the student.

In some cases, the force complete may actually stop partway through the sequence, before the point to which the teacher is dragging to learner's icon. For example, if the teacher tries to move a learner to the last activity in the sequence, and partway through the sequence is a closed permission gate, then the force complete will "stop" at the permission gate. The force complete is honouring the "normal" behaviour of the system.

Originally this message actually contained the name of the activity at which the force complete stopped hence the Info description. But we found it to be confusing so we changed it to a simpler message. But I haven't been able to change the Info description to match.

Regards,

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

12: Re: Re: Re: Re: Translation question
In response to 10 09/04/06 01:21 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks Fiona for the informations.

The geramn translation si ready now. If the last translations are added on Friday I can recheck them and make the corrections.

An other topic: I saw several typos in the english version but I didn't make a list of them. Sorry.
Perhaps someone can work through the english strings and correct them. Any volunteer here??
But they are not really a problem for understanding. So they didn't have priority.

Ralf

14: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Translation question
In response to 12 09/04/06 03:57 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
James is due to have a go at the translations before the release at the end of the month. He'll be fixing all the spelling then.

If anyone else wants to help out with this, please let us know.

Ernie

13: Re: Re: Re: Re: Translation question
In response to 10 09/04/06 03:55 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> Ernie - any chance you could fix this?

Updated now. Thanks.

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum