Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Local file access problems after sucessfully import into version 2

Search: 

3: Re: Local file access problems after sucessfully import into version 2
In response to 1 09/22/06 03:03 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The flash_dialog.PNG is due to the flash client trying to store some data locally in the your filesystem. If I understand this right, it so store cache data like the language dictionary (the xml that contains all the labels in your language) and the theme.xml (which has all the colors and layout data stuff). If you don't allow this, then I think Flash stores them in memory, but it could be that the autosave function might try to save stuff into the file system directly. I'll double check on this and let you know.

The autosave feature that aims to prevent accidental lost of your work. For instance you were working on a master sequence with hundreds of activities (well, I don't think the canvas is that big, but hypothetically :-)) if all the sudden your browser crashes or your electricity goes off, then unless you saved it, the changes of feeling like you lost a lot of time and frustrated are quite high :-) So the autosave, saves the sequence you are working on locally (every time after a few minutes) and next time you open flash it will give you the option to recover the sequence from the flash cache (see the File menu for the Recover option).

The autosave saves any design you are working on regardless of whether it is fresh or a imported.

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum