Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Different tools for different users?

Search: 

3: Re: Re: Different tools for different users?
In response to 2 10/02/06 05:06 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
It will be nice to turn tools hide buttons from a tools' sysadmin screen (probably the same screen we will use for editing default tool content?).

James has talked about these subset of library tools before. He talks about a personal subset as "My Favorite Tools" where you get to pick your tools and they will be show at the top of the list.

Ken, is this more or less what you have in mind?

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

4: Re: Re: Re: Different tools for different users?
In response to 3 10/02/06 08:00 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
"My Favorite Tools" sounds close to what I was thinking and maybe better. And maybe optionally isn't just the top of the list but is the entire list (unless one clicks on some advanced tab and reselects the subset). I don't want my tool to be in the face of authors other than those working on my project. But the server may serve more than my collaborators.

-ken

Posted by Ken Kahn

5: Re: Re: Re: Different tools for different users?
In response to 3 10/02/06 10:19 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
A colleague pointed out an alternative would be to host two LAMS services on the same server. Would this require that the processes run in virtual machines so they don't interfere with each other?

Best,

-ken

P.S. The other party here decided to continue with LAMS v1 so this isn't an issue for us anymore (but may return in a few months).

Posted by Ken Kahn

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Different tools for different users?
In response to 5 10/02/06 05:40 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Just to answer the last question, yes, you could host two LAMS servers by using virtual machines. You can also do this without virtual machines by configuring jboss:

1. bind each jboss (LAMS) instance to it's own IP when you start it up (that is, if your server has multiple IPs)
2. run each jboss instance on different ports (see this little wiki page - http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/Configuring+Multiple+LAMS+Instances+on+One+Machine)

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum