Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: I found bugs and german translation problems - where to post them?

Search: 

2: Re: I found bugs and german translation problems - where to post them?
In response to 1 10/17/06 02:32 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Uwe,

Thanks very much for your comments.

I have attached it to the posting so other people can follow up from your comments. Additionally, here are (inline) some answers to this.

In My Profile page:
> Bug: The pictures quality isn’t ok. viewed in gimp, it’s better. Why?

I believe we are using the graphic library that comes with default in Java. It probably is not the best one, therefore the images look a bit odd. Would you have any suggestions of other java image libraries we could potentially use?

> There is no back-button. (Many windows don’t show a back-button.)

The navigation of the Admin pages is currently being changed so we are hoping to improve it before the final release. Jun-Dir is currently working on it, any suggestions are welcome.

Image of the LAMS index page, where the tabs Author, Sysadmin Groups and My Profile are... your comments:
> Look at the blue text. It’S too long for the content.
> There is no back-button.

We have now fix this. If the word is too long to show in the tab, we'll cut it short and add an ellipsis to it "..." and then we add the full text as a tooltip (when you rollover with your mouse it displays the full text.

Screenshots from the Sysadmin interface:

Your comments:

> „Anpassen der login-Seite“ instead of “Maintain login page”

We haven't added the Admin module for translations, therefore LAMS can't find the german translation file, so it defaults to English. We are waiting for two main pieces of admin to be added this week and then we'll add this module to the i18n site.

From your comments on the Authoring environment:

> “Befragung” or “Fragenkatalog” instead of “Survey”
> „Werkzeug zur Erstellung von Umfragen.“
> „Chat und „ instead of „Chat and Scribe“

Survey and Chat & Scribe might not be fully translated in German yet, therefore (just like we mentioned before) LAMS resolves back to English. As soon as those modules are fully translated to German, then the tools will appear in German.

> Bug: If I open a document, I don’t see the files I stored before.

I'm not so sure if I know what you mean here. Whenever you save a sequence in LAMS, you'll see a list of folders where you can store sequences. What files have you stored here before?

You have also mentioned a lot of entries where you would use another words for the current German words/phrases. You can easily change those in the i18n site. If you want to become part of the German translation team, please let me know and I'll add you as a translator.

> Bug: The timezone is incorrect to germany.

Hmmm... what would be the correct timezone? Or what's the timezone set in your computer?

> Bug: Chat doesn’t run.

Do you have Wildfire running? LAMS uses wildfire as a jabber server. See here for further details.

> Bug?: When I export from File Menu, I get an other file than from
> preview. Is that right?

Not so sure what you mean by this. Are you saying that the exported file does not contain activities that are show in preview... or?

> Another, not reproducible bug:
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: sessionMapID is required 'null'
> Details verbergen java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: sessionMapID is
> required

Would you remember which module/screen you were using when you got this?

Once again Uwe, thanks very much for your feedback. If you have any further bugs, please post them here. You can post attachments in your postings.

Thanks again,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Attachments:
4: Re: Re: I found bugs and german translation problems - where to post them?
In response to 2 10/17/06 06:29 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> Bug: The pictures quality isn’t ok. viewed in gimp, it’s better. Why?

Can you tell us the the dimensions of the original picture? Or attach it? Currently the portrait is resized to fit inside 120x120 pixels, so anything smaller than that, it will try to enlarge. If your pic is small enough, it may come out a little pixelated.

> There is no back-button. (Many windows don’t show a back-button.)

I agree, navigation in the admin pages is a bit of a pain at the moment. The idea is to implement some basic 'breadcrumbs' to provide links in the heading, e.g. Group Management -> Playpen -> Everybody -> Edit. Hopefully you should see this in a build coming soon...

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum