HI Lori,

Have you try with this?

Thanks,

ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

4: Re: Re: Re: LAMS and Moodle 1.53
In response to 3 11/08/06 11:30 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I have commented this line out. However, when I do, when I try to create a LAMS activity, I'm getting a soap error:

From Apache:
Uncaught SoapFault exception [client] SoapClient::__construct() - ... invalid parameters in lams/lib 147 - .. list.php .. really long error.

I have it working fine in Moodle 1.6, however we won't be upgrading until Jan and they need it working in 1.53

Posted by Lori Bakken

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: LAMS and Moodle 1.53
In response to 4 11/08/06 06:30 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> I'm trying to install the LAMS module in moodle 1.53. It creates the table in the db, but then all I get is a blank screen.

When does the blank screen occur? During setup, when trying to create an activity, when trying to open a LAMS screen (author/learner/monitor)?

Try replacing the mod/lams directory in your 1.5 moodle with the mod/lams directory from your working 1.6 moodle.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: LAMS and Moodle 1.53
In response to 4 11/08/06 06:31 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
If you do replace the lams module, remember to replace the other files associated with it as well, as noted in the install instructions here - http://lamsfoundation.org/integration/moodle/moodle-code/readme.txt

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

7: : Re: LAMS and Moodle 1.53
In response to 6 11/09/06 09:57 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I did try and use 1.6 module in 1.5, but it says I must have moodle version ?? or higher. So can't do that.

I would get the blank screen on moodle/admin

It has to do with soap. I can comment it out, but I receive soap errors when trying to create a lams activity.

Posted by Lori Bakken

8: Re: : Re: LAMS and Moodle 1.53
In response to 7 11/09/06 06:32 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
You can try using the nusoap library from moodle 1.6.

1. From moodle 1.6, copy moodle/lib/soap/nusoap.php to your moodle 1.5 directory moodle/lib/nusoap/nusoap.php (rename the existing nusoap library in there first).
2. Then in moodle/mod/lams/lib.php, do a search for 'soapclient' and change the text to insert an underscore, as 'soap_client'.

When you reach the 'create a lams activity' screen, can you click 'create new sequence' and get the LAMS author window? Doing this doesn't rely on soap.

Not sure why you get a blank screen instead of the normal 'tables have been created successfully' message.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum