Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Sequence URL in Monitor for students to directly access a sequence

Search: 

3: Re: Sequence URL in Monitor for students to directly access a sequence
In response to 1 12/20/06 12:07 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Note that you can use just give this URL to your students and once they click on it, the first thing they'll see is the LAMS login page. once they login correctly and if you add them in the lesson, then they'll be able to jump straight to this sequence without having to go to the course page.

You might find this handy if you use another LMS so you can put the link as a resource and then get student to jump to this sequence from there straight away (kind of like a 'dirty integration' :-))

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

4: Re: Re: Sequence URL in Monitor for students to directly access a sequence
In response to 3 01/03/07 10:00 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi. Thanks.

I got the URL:

http://localhost:8080/lams/launchlearner.do?lessonID=2

and when I tried it (in Firefox 2.0) after logging in I got the usual welcome page. But it worked OK in IE 7.0.

Best,

-ken

Posted by Ken Kahn

5: Re: Re: Re: Sequence URL in Monitor for students to directly access a sequence
In response to 4 01/07/07 11:35 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ken,

This is a wierd one.

If I open a browser and paste in the url (well, the equivalent url with the correct lessonID for my LAMS server), then I go to the normal welcome page.

But then if I log out and paste in the url, this time I'm taken directly to learner.

So it seems like the first time I do it in a browser it doesn't work, then after that it does. Bleah.

I get the same results in both Firefox 1.5 and IE 7.0.

We do have some code that does our own login processing, on top of the normal J2EE processing, to handle the multiple webapps and the single sign on integrations for Moodle, etc. I suspect something there is interfering.

It is raised as bug:

https://bugs.lamsfoundation.org/browse/LDEV-1112

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum