Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: LAMS/Moodle online Chat&Scribe error...

Search: 

2: Re: LAMS/Moodle online Chat&Scribe error...
In response to 1 01/16/07 11:40 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks Anders. We'll look into this shortly and get back to you.

I just tried the error message on the sequence Viking sequence and I got the attached picture.

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Attachments:
3: Re: Re: LAMS/Moodle online Chat&Scribe error...
In response to 2 01/17/07 10:04 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Anders,

We found a glitch in the database that is only on demo and it is now fixed.

This problem is related to how we build the demo server, which is a bit of a non-standard build, so it shouldn't appear on another server.

However I still can't get past the chat and scribe point in the Viking Ship lesson. I get stuck unable to move onto the next activity. We are still working on this.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

4: Re: Re: Re: LAMS/Moodle online Chat&Scribe error...
In response to 3 01/18/07 06:01 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Anders,

I think the Viking Ship lesson is now fixed.

The definition of the Chat/Scribe activity was wrong in the database, and the corruption was copied into your learning design when you created the Viking Ship learning design.

I have fixed the definition of the Chat/Scribe activity but that won't fix existing Chat/Scribe activies that are already in a learning design. So I have taken a copy of "The Viking Ship" design, saved it as "The Viking Ship v2" and replaced the corrupted Chat/Scribe with an uncorrupted Chat/Scribe. So don't use your original "The Viking Ship" learning design - use "The Viking Ship v2".

I have also started a new lesson "The Viking Ship - Version 2" in the "Topic Outline" page. This one should run correctly. Please do not use the "The Viking Ship - Do Not Use" one - that one is corrupted. I have just left it there temporarily while I look at some other bugs.

There is also a problem with timeouts in Chat on the demo site. If you get the error "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not connected to server. Show detail  "
when you try to start a Chat activity, close the learner window and open it up again and it should be okay. A chat room on another server is being configured and this is timing out. When you go back in the second time, the chat room already exists and so you don't get the error. We will work on this problem tomorrow - I need to check some details with one of our other team members.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: LAMS/Moodle online Chat&Scribe error...
In response to 4 01/19/07 12:10 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Great! Thanks!

Posted by Anders Berggren

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: LAMS/Moodle online Chat&Scribe error...
In response to 4 01/20/07 05:13 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Fiona,

I have run the Viking Ship - Version 2 as
a learner and then in monitor. Everything
worked like a charm. So instead of going
on about errors and bugs - I take a bow.

Cheers, Anders

Posted by Anders Berggren

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum