Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Lams backup integration with Moodle

Search: 

2: Re: Lams backup integration with Moodle
In response to 1 09/04/07 07:45 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Mike,

> Am I missing something here or is this a known issue with moodle-lams integration?

Yes, this is a known issue. Unfortunately there's no easy way to back up LAMS lessons in the same way as Moodle does with its native activities.

For now, for the new course you set up, you would need to add the LAMS activities manually.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: Lams backup integration with Moodle
In response to 2 09/04/07 08:43 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ernie,

Thanks for the quick reply. I must admit that I was exctatic about using LAMS with moodle but without the ability to back up, restore and transfer LAMS activity sequences the usability of LAMS (with moodle) is severely impaired.

Q. Is anything being done to attempt to integrate LAMS with the moodle backup/restore/import?

Q. Other than the manual add, can I do anything else in the interim to make this less painful?

Thanks,

Posted by Mike Peters

4: Re: Re: Re: Lams backup integration with Moodle
In response to 3 09/05/07 06:54 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Mike,

Since LAMS and Moodle are two separate applications implementing the backup/restore feature that Moodle have for their native applications/tools is not trivial.

But let me try to understand what you would expect from a backup course that has LAMS sequences in it. And this might be because I'm not 100% familiar how this feature works in Moodle.

Say you do a Moodle backup of a course that has about 30 students, 2 teachers, 1 forum and 3 LAMS lessons in it.

When you backup a course, can you restore it in *another* Moodle server? Are all the users created on the new server with their same passwords and all?

Or is it just that you can restore a course in the same Moodle server where you backed it up originally?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum