Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Help! Problem with integration with Moodle

Search: 

2: Re: Help! Problem with integration with Moodle
In response to 1 10/11/07 01:39 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Pasquale,

When you go to configure the lamstwo module in Moodle, does the validation show as Valid?

The error message you are getting "The Moodle to LAMS REST call failed and returned an HTTP status of: 404" would shown when Moodle makes a call to LAMS to get the list of available sequences. However, the 404 status means that the page called was not found (this is an error code returned from LAMS).

In the same page, you will find the "Create Sequence" button. When you click on that one, do you get the LAMS Authoring window?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: Help! Problem with integration with Moodle
In response to 2 10/12/07 10:24 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The validation is shown as valid. Then i Think that the two systems communicate. I've tried also to change something to understand if validation works.. and it works! When I click on Add activity in Moodle and i select LamsV2 I have one page with this message:

In INTERNET EXPLORER 7:(I've a javascript error in a popup)

Nome corso etc...
Site->NCC01->Lams v2->Modifica di Lams

CREAZIONE LAMS v2

Sequence

"The directory structure below contains the sequences you can create a lesson for.
Select one and click on the next button to continue."

and no button, this is all i SEE

In Mozilla Firefox:(No Javascript Error)

Nome corso etc...
Site->NCC01->Lams v2->Modifica di Lams

CREAZIONE LAMS v2

The directory structure below contains the sequences you can create a lesson for.
Select one and click on the next button to continue.
< ! -- The Moodle to LAMS REST call failed and returned an HTTP status of: 404

Posted by Pasquale Pio Francavilla

4: Re: Re: Re: Help! Problem with integration with Moodle
In response to 3 10/12/07 01:43 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Pasquale,

What version of LAMS are you using? since the error message is being return is 404, I think it might be that you are using an old 2.0.x version? could that be the case?

Also, what is the debugging settings you have set up in Moodle? See http://yourmoodleserver/moodle/admin/settings.php?section=debugging

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help! Problem with integration with Moodle
In response to 4 10/12/07 03:48 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Dear Ernie

Thanks! I have installed version 2.0.3 and it WORKS!!!

You are my hero!!!

I'm working about collaborative learning in Moodle, I have to do a Moodle module that organize the courses just like Lams do. Lams uses his own activities, I want to use Moodle activities.

Thanks!Thanks!Thanks!

Pasquale

Posted by Pasquale Pio Francavilla

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum