Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: LAMS 2 documentation

Search: 

2: Re: LAMS 2 documentation
In response to 1 03/03/08 06:49 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Tim,

The teachers guide for 2.0 is a bit outdated by now.

Currently the best documentation for LAMS is in the LAMS Documentation Wiki as it includes all the documentation for LAMS in general, all the tools, integrations, new 2.1 features and all.

Jeremy has been doing a really good job at putting this Wiki and all its translations together.

Additionally, Jeremy will be working on a LAMS sequence to teach LAMS using a lot of the material from the wiki (so finally we'll eat our own dog food).

I believe James is meant to update the teacher guide but it might take a while longer as he's been really busy lately.

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: LAMS 2 documentation
In response to 2 03/03/08 07:18 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Tim,

If you create yourself an account on the wiki, then you should be able to export the pages as PDF files. If you have people that really really won't read a wiki, then you could create some PDFs and give them to the teachers. But then they won't get the animations that Jeremy has done, and the information will get out of date!

Also, if teachers click on the "?" button in authoring, then it will take them to the exact page on the wiki that talks about that part of LAMS.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

4: Re: LAMS 2 documentation
In response to 3 03/03/08 07:27 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks a lot for the feedback Ernie and Fiona,

Fiona, I will have a look at at that export to PDF function and see what is can produce.

I agree that a wiki is actually the best approach overall, but as I said old habits die hard for some people and sometimes it is good to have a more old-fashioned option available knowing that people are more likely to use it (we are talking really newbie territory here).

Cheers,
Tim.

Posted by Timothy Allen

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum