Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Migrate LAMS 1 sequences to LAMS 2

Search: 

8: Re: Migrate LAMS 1 sequences to LAMS 2
In response to 6 05/30/08 01:11 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Can I bother you with one last question?

In my testing, I have noticed that whenever I create a LAMS lesson within Blackboard, and then delete the lesson, the read-only copy that was being used for the lesson cannot be deleted!

This means that deleted LAMS lessons will accumulate and can never be removed from the LAMS workspace!

Is this a bug or am I not doing it properly?

Tim.

Posted by Timothy Allen

9: Re: Re: Migrate LAMS 1 sequences to LAMS 2
In response to 8 05/30/08 01:28 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
In general, yes, they will accumulate in LAMS database and can't be removed.

In future versions of LAMS (when people's databases are getting huge) we may have to look at this but at the moment we tend to take a conservative approach of better to leave it there than remove it and have some decide they wanted it back later.

So when you are removing it in Blackboard, you are removing the student's link to it, rather than actually removing it in LAMS.

Also on your comment about Confluence. Yes, we really like using Confluence for the wiki. We are very appreciative that Atlassian has allowed us to use it under a special license made available to open source projects, otherwise we wouldn't be using Confluence for the wiki (or JIRA and Fisheye for Bug Tracking for that matter).

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum