Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: How many separate logins should a LAMS learner have? Why not one?

Search: 

3: Re: Re: How many separate logins should a LAMS learner have? Why not one?
In response to 2 02/14/09 12:08 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks Ernie

But doesn't this method have one major flaw: I have students that have concurrent courses and some students want to have permanent access to certain course materials or sequences throughout their studies.

Moreover the administrator side of things may lead to complications if students are added/removed individually. This may be the case as some semesters/courses/electives are longer than others, and some students in some courses complete courses at different rates.

I currently use the unique sudent ID + Course Code + a letter for semester + year for user name
And a 1234 password which the student changes later.

I therefore stand by my suggestion that multiple subaccounts will provide a user-friendly simplification and assist widescale implementation.

Regards

Chris

Posted by Chris Alexander

4: Re: Re: Re: How many separate logins should a LAMS learner have? Why not one?
In response to 3 03/07/09 05:14 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Continuing with the "reply-all-postings-pending" saga ;-)

> But doesn't this method have one major flaw: I have students that have concurrent courses and some students want
> to have permanent access to certain course materials or sequences throughout their studies.

Well, that's fine. If they want to have access to old courses, all you've got to do is archive the course and they will still have access to their old courses materials.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum