Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Is ths SUBMIT FILE limit just 1MB?

Search: 

3: Re: Re: Is ths SUBMIT FILE limit just 1MB?
In response to 2 02/14/09 12:22 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Dear Ernie

This sounds cool! I'll try it out on Monday!

By the way, is there a limit to the number of submit file tasks you can have? I think I may have dicovered a 'bug'. I have one sequence which allows students to submit 8 in-class writing tasks at stages throughout a course. And when I created the sequence in Author, I copied and pasted the sequence, but 'strange' things happened. Content of one submit file were automatically copied to some of the other submit file tools.

I have attached the sequence...if you get a change, try to put different content in each of the submit file tasks. I couldn't, so the tasks have the same content.

Regards

Chris

Posted by Chris Alexander

Attachments:
4: Re: Re: Re: Is ths SUBMIT FILE limit just 1MB?
In response to 3 02/14/09 02:28 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
just to clarify the last email

I copied and pasted one submit task tool 7 times and then attempted to change the content of the 7 copied versions of submit file. In doing so I found that what I changed in some of the copied versions of submit file were automatically copied to some of the other versions.

The only solution was to keep the content of all copied submit files the same and give separate names to them in properties.

Posted by Chris Alexander

5: Re: Re: Re: Is ths SUBMIT FILE limit just 1MB?
In response to 3 03/07/09 05:37 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Chris,

No, there's no limit in the number of submit files you can have... you can have as many as the number of activities you can fit in the authoring interface.

When you do a copy/paste from an existing activity, all the content within that activity gets copied to a new copy (the pasted one). So yes, you will have the exact same content in the pasted one.

Now if you changed either the content of the activity you used to copied or the pasted one and that changes the content of the another activity... that's a big bug.

I tried to reproduce this error but I wasn't able to. I dropped a Submit File activity, then copied/pasted 6 times, the one by one I changed the content of each of them and then previewed it. All the activities were shown with the content I created for each of them.

Can you try to see if you can reproduce it and if you do, let me know the steps please?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum