Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Shouldn't there be a message warning students that once they complete a sequence they cannot re-enter it?

You may request notification for Shouldn't there be a message warning students that once they complete a sequence they cannot re-enter it? .
Search: 

1: Shouldn't there be a message warning students that once they complete a sequence they cannot re-enter it?
02/14/09 12:34 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Dear Ernie

I put stop gates at the end of sequences now as I was unaware that completing a sequence means students cannot re-enter it.

But why is re-entering important? Well because throughtout their course, students also use LAMS as a means of accessing course materials, taking part in course fora and as a way to submit course assignments and skype the teacher.

Therefore it seems reasonable to have a warning sign at the end of a sequence, informing the Learner, that once a sequence is completed, it cannot be re-entered.

Regards

Chris

Posted by Chris Alexander

2: Re: Shouldn't there be a message warning students that once they complete a sequence they cannot re-enter it?
In response to 1 03/07/09 05:44 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> I was unaware that completing a sequence means students cannot re-enter it.

No, they are able to reenter a lesson even after they have completed it.

If they have completed a lesson, when they enter it, they will the "Congratulations, you have finished." but then it tells then that they can review the sequence again by clicking on the activities. (see pic)

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Attachments:
Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum