Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Maintain login page error

Search: 

2: Re: Maintain login page error
In response to 1 05/26/09 09:18 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello Praveen,

Perhaps something went wrong in the building process as there should definately be a lams-www.war folder in lams.ear.

Which build scripts did you use to build lams from source?

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

3: Re: Re: Maintain login page error
In response to 2 05/28/09 01:17 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello Luke,

I ran these build tasks in the following order:

rebuild-db
assemble-ear
deploy-ear
deploy-tools
copyfiles

After this I ran the deploytool tasks for the one custom tool that I copied using Tool Builder.

That's about it, let me know if you need any more information on how I did the build. At what point during the build process should I expect the lams-ww.war folder to appear?

Im just thinking, at what point does the JBoss directory just get too "cluttered" with code changes and many builds. Does it come to a point where one needs to to install a fresh copy of JBoss, re-configure JBoss settings in Eclipse then re-run the build tasks?

Thanks.
Praveen.

Posted by Praveen Pawar

4: Re: Re: Re: Maintain login page error
In response to 3 05/28/09 05:20 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Praveen,

That build process should work, perhaps try again before deploying the tool, also ensure your have lams-www.war in the workspace when you build.

>> At what point during the build process should I expect the lams-ww.war folder to appear?

assemble-ear puts the lams.ear together and copies it to lams-build/assembly/lams.ear, so after this script you should see lams-build/assembly/lams.ear/lams-www.war. (If you are using eclipse you need to refresh the directory to see the new folder).

deploy-ear simply copies the entire directory to jboss-4.0.2/server/default/deploy. lams-www.war should appear there after that.

>> at what point does the JBoss directory just get too "cluttered" with code changes and many builds

This shouldnt be a problem since the build cleans the deploy directory each time you do a full rebuild.

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: Maintain login page error
In response to 4 05/29/09 02:15 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello Luke,

Thanks for your feedback so far.

I did the a re-build and at no time did I see a lams-www-.war folder appearing. I do, however, have a file of the SAME name in the lams.ear folder.

I reference this post from a while back:
http://www.lamscommunity.org/dotlrn/clubs/technicalcommunity/forums/message-view?message_id=294832

Sroll down to post #9 and this part sounds familiar - "The second problem with lams-www.war was due to me getting the file and folder with the same name confused. So the copy failed since I had copied the war file to where the folder of the same name should have been."

Of course, it appears a manual copy is taking place there, as opposed to letting the ant tasks take care of the build.

Is there any where in any of the settings files (or anywhere else) where I can check that creation/copy of the lams-www.war folder is part of the build process?

How would I know if creation/copy of the file is superseeding the one associated with the folder of the same name?

Thanks and rgds,
Praveen.

Posted by Praveen Pawar

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Maintain login page error
In response to 5 05/31/09 06:03 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Praveen,

When deployed, lams-www.war should always be a folder, not a compressed war file.

You'll find in the lams_build/build.xml this line:

<ant antfile="../${lams_www}/build.xml" target="build-war" inheritAll="false"/>

This builds the war file, then these lines deploy it as a folder:

<move file="${assembly.lams.ear}/lams-www.war" tofile="${assembly.lams.ear}/temp.war"/>
        <unjar src="${assembly.lams.ear}/temp.war" dest="${assembly.lams.ear}/lams-www.war"/>
        <delete file="${assembly.lams.ear}/temp.war"/>

Im not sure why it would ever deploy as a file but it would have to be a problem during the execution of one of these lines.

Let me ask a question....

When you run the assemle-ear task, refresh the lams_build project and look in lams_build/assembly/lams.ear, lams-www.war should be a directory... is this the case?

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum