Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Re: Re: build from source, and create installer

Search: 

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: build from source, and create installer
In response to 4 10/14/09 08:58 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
i have changed the login method... now i authenticate users using a perl script that was already on the system(don't ask me why)..

now i need to make an installer with that modifications... on my local machine all works fine(ant deploy).. but if i give the (deploy dir inside the lams-unix-installer-2.3/assembly/ so that remote users can run install-lams.sh ) some tools are not working :) 90% of them the login works fine and website administration...

thanks for any direction
marco

Posted by Marco Ramos

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: build from source, and create installer
In response to 5 10/14/09 05:55 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
OK, if it works for you locally, it should be just a matter of copying your changes in the jboss lams.ear folder to the lams-unix-installer's assembly/lams.ear folder. If any of the changes aren't in that folder then you may want to modify install-lams.sh to place your files where they need to be.

> but if i give the (deploy dir inside the lams-unix-installer-2.3/assembly/ so that remote users can run install-lams.sh ) some tools are not working :)

If you run the deploy-ear task into a different folder, remember that deploy-tools will need to use the same folder - the tool deployer modifies lams.ear/META-INF/application.xml. If that doesn't happen tools won't work.

Safest bet is to deploy into jboss as normal, then copy over to the installer folder.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

7: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: build from source, and create installer
In response to 6 10/16/09 05:05 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
that was it...
many thanks

marco

Posted by Marco Ramos

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum