Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Re: Unable to create lams sequence in moodle 1.9.6

Search: 

5: Re: Re: Re: Unable to create lams sequence in moodle 1.9.6
In response to 4 11/20/09 10:01 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Esh,

> So from my understanding, there are two ways of using LAMS in moodle.
> 1. LAMS course format

No.

That was back when LAMS 1 was around, but after LAMS 2, the LAMS as course format was abolished. Why? It wasn't used a lot before.

> correct me if am wrong. If i have to use LAMS as an activity in moodle, how can i do it ? can you point me to
> some documents on it.

In the Wiki you have all installation instructions and how it all works:

http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lamsdocs/Moodle

> Also , i have few more question.. is it possible to use the resources in moodle in lams sequence after integration

If you mean as resources as other Moodle activities: yes. Have a look at the Moodle LAMS demo site. You can create sequences of Moodle *and* LAMS together.

Have a look at the animation on this page:

http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/Moodle+Tool+Adapter

This requires a bit more work than the integrations though. But the code is available if you want to have a go at this.

> also would like to export the lams assessment activity results to moodle gradebook. is that possible ?

I don't think this is done though. At the moment the assessment tool can make marks available for other applications to fetch, but we haven't done this for Moodle yet. However, if you want to contribute to this part, we'll be more than happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Unable to create lams sequence in moodle 1.9.6
In response to 5 11/24/09 10:33 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks a ton Ernie for your clear responses!!! Currently working on LAMS - Moodle tool adapter is not within scope of our project due to time constraints. However, i would be interested to work on this when time permits.

I did check the wiki and added LAMS as an activity. I have installed Moodle and LAMS on same server.

When i try to 'Open author' mode and create sequence, the authoring environment is blank. Attached is the screenshot of the same.

Am i missing something ??

Also, when i use LAMS alone and open a sequence as a learner, LAMS gets redirected to login page for second time although the student just logged in. Do i need to set some parameters on server side to avoid this re-login ? I already checked the production settings for LAMS server on wiki and have done the necessary.

Thanks
Esh

Posted by esh nagappan

Attachments:
7: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Unable to create lams sequence in moodle 1.9.6
In response to 6 11/24/09 05:08 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Esh,

It seems that the open URL goes to http://swent5.asu.edu:8090/lams/...

Login as sysadmin in LAMS, go to Sysadmin menu --> Configure settings and check that the Server URL is in fact http://swent5.asu.edu:8090/lams/ If it is, then we need to check the logs, but I'm pretty sure that's the issue.

Thanks,

Ernie

8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Unable to create lams sequence in moodle 1.9.6
In response to 7 11/24/09 05:54 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks Ernie !!!

I fixed it. The LAMS server url did not match earlier. Now,I am able to open authoring mode , create sequences and add them to my moodle course :)

It would be great if could help me with the re-login issue also. However,this does not occur regularly. I encounter similar problems a lot of times. Somehow i feel the LAMS instance on our server is not very stable. Below are the hardware details of our server :
RAM : 4 GB
Memory : 50 GB
3 GHZ Processor

There are times when i open the monitor and it does not display the details of the learners accessing the sequence, although 2-3 users were accessing the sequence at that instance.

Can you suggest some tips to avoid /improve this ?

Thanks
Esh

Posted by esh nagappan

9: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Unable to create lams sequence in moodle 1.9.6
In response to 8 11/25/09 09:38 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Esh,

Can you try to replicate the issue consistently and describe the steps?

One of the things that could happen is that you login into LAMS directly first. Then when you login into Moodle and then come back to LAMS again, you *will* be logged as the Moodle users and not as the previous user you logged in in LAMS. That could cause a bit of confusion.

Thanks,

Ernie

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum