Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: New Authoring environment (LAMS 2.4): Your input is needed!

Search: 

4: Re: New Authoring environment (LAMS 2.4): Your input is needed!
In response to 1 01/03/10 07:13 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Just to add to this, there's work by James Dalziel on different views for LAMS Author. Here's his presentation at the LAMS Conference in Sydney in 2008:

Closing Keynote: New approaches to visualising Learning Designs - James Dalziel [Audio]

We will be working on these visual representations as well, so any comment/feedback is very welcome!

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

5: Re: Re: New Authoring environment (LAMS 2.4): Your input is needed!
In response to 4 01/31/10 09:13 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I really like the idea of adding comments on top of the authoring view - annotations about what a set of activities might be for or other comments about the way the sequence has been put together.

For example, a role play normally has 4 sections (Background; Pre-role Play Preparation; Role Play Proper; Post Role Play Reflection), so it would be great if you could draw a box around each section and add a text note so you know which section is which - this way, even through there might be several activity tools within a section, you can see the overall "chunks" of a sequence.

I think comments can help convey the educational rationale for a sequence in an easy to digest way - so I hope we can add this!

Posted by James Dalziel

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum