Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Formating feedback in Assessment module

Search: 

2: Re: Formating feedback in Assessment module
In response to 1 01/11/10 07:21 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Pavle,

You are right: individual feedback for each response only allows you to enter text but not fiddle with the formatting. The individual feedback was thought for giving further information about the option chosen by the student.

However, if what you need to provide is *wrong* feedback, then use the options for Overall feedback. In there, you'll see that you get three options: For any correct response, for any partially correct response and For any incorrect response.

I believe this last one if the one you are after?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

4: Re: Re: Formating feedback in Assessment module
In response to 2 01/12/10 11:41 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thank you for your response.

What would really be great and I think would be a minor fix, is to have the editor available for any feedback.

I'm using LAMS within Moodle at the Centre for Macquarie English in E3B at MU. I guess you are from MELCOE?

If I have a set of choices lets say 4; 3 are wrong and one is right, our template states that for every wrong choice we must say in feeback why it is wrong, and for the one that is right, why it is right.

For any and all wrong choices feedback must be written in red, and for the correct choice in blue.

I did use the general positive feedback but that is not always ideal because choices can be wrong for different reasons so we'd like the feedbakc to be individual.

When the activity was reviewed by my team, when they see feedback in green, they associate the color with something 'positive'. Green means GO.

Also they thought that having specific feedback in green appearing on the right, and then additional general feedback appearing at the bottom could be confusing, and we would have no guarantee that students would look at both.

Green is a color that renders poorly on a computer screen, and causes a lot of strain on the eyes.

So to summarise, for now we have the problem fixed. If there is an easy way to code feedback in red when the mark is set to 0% and to blue when it is set to 100%, that could be helpful.

Again thanks for your quick response.

Pavle

Posted by Pavle Jeric

5: Re: Re: Re: Formating feedback in Assessment module
In response to 4 01/13/10 04:07 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Pavle,

I have added this as a task http://bugs.lamsfoundation.org/browse/LDEV-2491

Have a look at the attached pictures and let me know if that's alright

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Attachments:
6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Formating feedback in Assessment module
In response to 5 01/13/10 10:45 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,

I've seen the pics you posted. That does look more consistent with out own template.

Again as other people might have different style guides I think giving the option to use the editor would be best.

Thank you for this. My reviewers found a few more glitches, and I'll post them separately.

Once more thanks for your time

Pavle

Posted by Pavle Jeric

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum