Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Pixlr problem

Search: 

2: Re: Pixlr problem
In response to 1 03/01/10 12:45 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi CZ,

It doesn't seem that this is a problem with Pixlr or the tool, as I was able to test it fine on the demo site.

However, could it be that your website is behind a firewall and the Pixlr website can't get to the image?

Also, anything in the logs? (see http://is.gd/9qQat)

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: Pixlr problem
By: C Z
In response to 2 03/01/10 05:44 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
As far as I know, the firewall does not block anything. I even completely disabled it an tried to make the same thing again. Nothing.
I enabled debug mode and I attach the lams.rar file with all the logs. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Posted by C Z

Attachments:
4: Re: Re: Re: Pixlr problem
In response to 3 03/01/10 05:20 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi CZ,

I can't see anything obvious in the logs to identify the error. Also, I'm looking at the error message you are getting and can't find it either in the possible error labels the pixlr tool would throw.

Can you get a screenshot of the error? Also can you attach the sequence in here so I can test on the same activity you using?

Thanks,

ernie

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pixlr problem
In response to 4 03/02/10 07:39 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks for your help.
I attach a .rar with two screenshots (1. where I create/edit the pixlr object and 2. the error message when i try to edit the image using pixlr). I also attach a .rar with the exported in lams format sequence. I hope it can tell you something.

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

Posted by C Z

Attachments:
6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pixlr problem
In response to 5 03/02/10 07:40 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
and the other attchment...

Posted by C Z

Attachments:
7: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pixlr problem
In response to 5 03/02/10 05:21 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi CZ,

Looking at the images I realized where the problem is... As you are using LAMS with domain localhost and Pixlr can't fetch the email from this domain.

As you can see in the attached images, I was able to use your sequence in the demo server. That's because the demo server has the Server URL setting to: http://demo.lamscommunity.org/lams. And this domain is accessible to Pixlr.

The Pixlr tool using the Pixlr web application which runs on http://pixlr.com. The Pixlr tool in LAMS allows you to upload a picture in Author and then the students can modify that picture by using Pixlr (the web application).

Now when the students in the learner window (see pixlr1.png image attached) click on Edit Image in Pixlr, they automatically launch Pixlr in a separate window where the URL for the ferrari logo is passed to the Pixlr app. Using that URL, Pixlr retrieves the image from the LAMS server and displays it to the student so she can do the modifications.

The issue you are having is that because you are using localhost as domain, the Pixlr app cannot get to your LAMS server to retrieve the image.

So here are your options:

1) Change your domain form localhost to your actual internet IP or its domain (if you have one).

2) Instead of using Pixlr, use another tool like Share Resources (see attached alternative_pixlr.zip sequence as an example).

Hope that helps,

Ernie

Attachments:
8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pixlr problem
In response to 7 03/04/10 04:39 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thank you very much for all the time you have spent helping me out. I tried the options you suggested but in the case of 1. I think I try something wrong because I cannot get it to work and in the case of 2. well it is an option that I will use if pixlr does not work...

Thank you!

Posted by C Z

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum