Forum Higher Ed & Training Forum: Re: Re: Recovery Problem

Search: 

3: Re: Re: Recovery Problem
In response to 2 09/06/09 07:09 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie
Thanks. I was not aware that Flash stored cookies on the user’s local computer.

However, your explanation of the recover feature as a possible means of recovering an unsaved sequence in the event of a system crash seems in conflict with the LAMS documentation on this feature:

“Recover allows you to recover to the last saved version of a sequence and discards all subsequent changes (which would be currently shown in the work area) provided the sequence has been saved. NB: Recover immediately replaces anything in the work area with the last saved version of the sequence (for good) without warning.”

In any event, isn’t this the same as file /open (and simply opening the last saved version of the sequence)?

BTW: We have installed LAMS 2.3.2 on out pilot server and have encountered a few problems with how some of the features are working. Should I post these problems here or on the technical forum?

Posted by Neal Hirsig

4: Re: Re: Re: Recovery Problem
In response to 3 09/06/09 06:49 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> In any event, isn’t this the same as file /open (and simply opening the last saved version of the sequence)?

I'll change this in the documentation now. Thanks for the clarification Neal.

> BTW: We have installed LAMS 2.3.2 on out pilot server and have encountered a few problems with how some of the features
> are working. Should I post these problems here or on the technical forum?

Please do.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Higher Ed & Training Forum