Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Survey bug in LAMS 2.3.5 ?

Search: 

4: Re: Re: Survey bug in LAMS 2.3.5 ?
In response to 2 02/10/11 11:22 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Cool that you look into this quickly:

I attached a file that shows the questions being renumbered bug.

* User clicks on submit all
* Then resubmits

Sometimes questions now a different number (which makes it difficult for the student to find the right questions)

Btw: and this is an ergonomics issue: It's not clear what "Finish" and "Submit All" means .... labels probably should be longer, to express the following.

"Submit All and be done with the whole thing"
"Submit All and get a chance to redo"

Posted by Daniel Schneider

5: Re: Re: Re: Survey bug in LAMS 2.3.5 ?
In response to 4 02/10/11 11:51 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Attached the file now (I had to manually remove stuff in the zip ... was to big as told in a new post a few minutes ago)

Attachments:
7: Re: Re: Re: Survey bug in LAMS 2.3.5 ?
In response to 4 02/13/11 09:04 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hey Daniel,

Thanks for providing us with additional details.

And I raised a new Jira for that problem (http://bugs.lamsfoundation.org/browse/LDEV-2643). However I'm not 100% sure if it's exactly the same problem you've described. Can you please confirm this?

Thanks again,

Posted by Andrey Balan

10: Re: Re: Re: Survey bug in LAMS 2.3.5 ?
In response to 4 02/13/11 10:09 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I just wanted to add:
you might have noticed questions are being renumbered due to "Shuffle questions" parameter was activated in author on advanced tab for that learning design.

Posted by Andrey Balan

12: Re: Re: Re: Re: Survey bug in LAMS 2.3.5 ?
In response to 10 02/13/11 10:24 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Yes absolutly :)
but the teacher want's the questions NUMBERS to remain stable. Else she thinks that students will be too much confused (if they take writing down the Q numbers)

... don't know if that is bug or should be considered as feature.

13: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Survey bug in LAMS 2.3.5 ?
In response to 12 02/13/11 10:43 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Numbers remain stable if you're going back and forth between answering and seeing the results. They are changed though if you refresh the page in a browser.

So yeah, that's a feature for now. but I understand what you mean, you want questions being shuffled but at the same time keep the question numbers. I'll talk to Ernie and see what he says

Posted by Andrey Balan

15: Re: Re: Re: Survey bug in LAMS 2.3.5 ?
In response to 4 02/16/11 07:13 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Daniel,

> Btw: and this is an ergonomics issue: It's not clear what "Finish" and "Submit
> All" means .... labels probably should be longer, to express the following.

I'm starting to think that for the sake of simplicity, we could have only one button rather than two.

If we keep one button it will be less confusing to students.

Also, the button that I would choose to keep is the one that gives you the option of redo. That way if the student wants to make changes, he/she can... if not it's just one more click to continue to the next activity anyway.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

16: Re: Re: Re: Re: Survey bug in LAMS 2.3.5 ?
In response to 15 02/16/11 07:17 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Yeah I agree with you. One is enough :)

17: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Survey bug in LAMS 2.3.5 ?
In response to 16 02/16/11 07:48 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
18: Re: Re: Re: Re: Survey bug in LAMS 2.3.5 ?
In response to 15 02/16/11 02:15 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
We have the same problem.
Students confuses with Submit and Finish and most of them did not click on "Submit" button.

I suggest we keep only one with the label "Submit & Finish" or "Finish" or "Next Activity"

In my opinion generally is better to be "Next Activity" and only if is the last activity of a sequence to be "Finish" (in all the activities not only in Survey)

We can have a "Redo" or "Change" button if a student wants to make changes. If he or she does not want to make any changes he/she click on Finish or Next Activity.

Posted by Spyros Papadakis

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum