Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: LAMS 2.0 Release Candidate 1 is out!

Search: 

21: Re: LAMS 2.0 Release Candidate 1 is out!
In response to 1 10/18/06 02:59 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,

I have installed LAMS 2.0 RC1 on an XP laptop with a static IP. It is working fine, though I had problems originally installing it on a Windows 2000 server box, because of the issue of multiple JVMs on the system. Has this issue been resolved and a new RC released--please notify when it is released. I need my laptop back :-)

Also, with RC1 I could not find a way as Sysadmin to reset/chenge user passwords. I could only change my own sysadmin password, but not change the password of users I had created. This is a problem in that I had mistyped some passwords for users I had created, and the only way I could see of correcting this was to drop the user accounts and recreate them. This is OK if it is a new account, but if a user forgets his/her password and has projects created, all the work will be lost when I drop the account to recreate it. . . . Am I just missing something in the spartan Sysadmin tabs?

Thanks for your help on getting me set up for our demo last week.

Robert

Posted by Robert Snyder

22: Re: Re: LAMS 2.0 Release Candidate 1 is out!
In response to 21 10/18/06 05:54 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Yep, the Windows installer for RC1 has been updated last Friday - previously it used the system's default JRE to configure LAMS, now it uses the 1.5 JDK that you give it.

Re: changing passwords, sysadmin can do this, but currently the link to it is hidden (still working on the layout!)
Login as sysadmin, click Group Management, and then edit the URL to this:
htpp://.../lams/admin/usersearch.do
Search for your user, then edit. This will allow you to edit a user's personal details including password.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum