Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3

You may request notification for Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3.
Search: 

1: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
06/26/09 03:07 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi all!

Please tell me if i missed something in LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3 integration:
- i use lams_build and tool_adapters projects from CVS (both versions - Lams_2_3_1)
- i use temp_moodle_dev project (version moodle_1_8-20080918) for moodle 1.9.3.
- i use moodle 1.9.3 and LAMS 2.3.1 patch for 2.3 version (had a same error for 2.3 version).
- ant version 1.7.1 (also tried 1.6.5).

After installing and configuring systems i turn LAMS off and make "ant deploy-tool". There is a "Build failed" error.

Please see logs (server, lams, boot) here:
http://www.filedropper.com/lams
http://www.filedropper.com/boot_1
http://www.filedropper.com/server_4

or here (zip archive): http://rapidshare.com/files/248798392/logs.zip.html

Will be very appreciate for any help.

Sincerely,
Alexander

Posted by Alex Lifanov

2: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
In response to 1 06/28/09 05:53 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Alexander,

Could you please attach the output when you get attempt to build the tool adapters and get the build failed message.

Please attach them to your posting by selecting the "Attach?" option before posing.

Thanks,

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

3: Re: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
In response to 2 06/29/09 02:22 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Please see attached archive!

Thank you!!!

Posted by Alex Lifanov

Attachments:
4: Re: Re: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
In response to 3 06/29/09 05:48 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Alex,

From looking at the build output, I think the problem here is that the lams_build/lib/lams/lams.jar is out of date.

You can fix this by getting the latest code for the lams_common project, then running the copy-lams-jar-to-shared-folder ant task in the lams_common project. After that try running the deploy tool for the tool adapter again.

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
In response to 4 06/29/09 06:18 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Also ensure your checking out code from the lams2_3_1 tag

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
In response to 5 06/30/09 02:15 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Luke, thank you very much for your help!

Please tell me if i wrong with something: i got lams_common (2_3_1 tag), entered and run "ant copy-lams-jar-to-shared-folder":

Microsoft Windows XP [Версия 5.1.2600]
>cd C:\Documents and Settings\Александр\lams2_3\lams_common
..\lams2_3\lams_common>ant copy-lams-jar-to-shared-folder
Buildfile: build.xml
BUILD FAILED
Target "copy-lams-jar-to-shared-folder" does not exist in the project "LAMS".
Total time: 1 second

Is it something wrong with command or i need some additional projects?

P.S. As far as i understand, it will be ok if i'll build LAMS 2.3.1 from source?

Sincerely,
Alexander

Posted by Alex Lifanov

7: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
In response to 6 06/30/09 06:02 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Aaah sorry my mistake.

Then ant task should be copy-lams-jar-to-shared-lib no copy-lams-jar-to-shared-folder...

Try that and hopefully that will work

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
In response to 7 07/01/09 02:50 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Luck, thank you for your help, but there is still some problem (please see attached file).

By the way, can i get a right version of lams.jar or it can only be compiled?

Alex.

Posted by Alex Lifanov

Attachments:
9: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
In response to 8 07/01/09 09:10 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Alex,

It looks like ant cannot find the third-party libraries it needs to build.

What does your directory structure look like?

You should have lams_build, tool_adapters and lams_common directories all under the same directory.

You also need to make sure you have correctly edited the common.properties and the <your os>.properties

I would suggest looking at this page for more information about building lams:

wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/Building+LAMS

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

10: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
In response to 9 08/11/09 02:20 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Luke,

sorry for my late answer, i was on vacation and now started Moodle-LAMS tools integration from the beginning (having LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3):

I checked out temp_moodle_dev, tool_adapters, lams_build and lams_common projects (all with lams2_3_1 tag).

After all configurations, i make «ant deploy-tool», but there is BUILD FAILED error immediately: C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment\build.xml:239: c:\lams\jboss-4.0
.2\common\lib not found.

I have the following correct path in my windows.properties file:
jboss.home=c:/lams/jboss-4.0.2/
but originally there was «jboss.home=D:/jboss-5/». May be i’m wrong with checking out projects? I used «lams2_3_1» tag.

Thank you,
Alex.

Posted by Alex Lifanov

11: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
In response to 10 08/11/09 05:23 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Alex,

What does your lams_build/windows.properties look like?

It looks to me like you have got the wrong version of lams_build... and possibly the other projects too.

If you have the correct version of lams_build, in the windows.properties file there should be a line that reads

j2eelibs=${jboss.server.instance}/lib

not

j2eelibs=${jboss.home}/common/lib

After 2.3.1 we have moved to jboss-5 and some of the directory structures have changed. It looks like the lams_build project is expecting jboss-5, but if it was checked out from the lams2_3_1 tag, it would be expecting jboss-4.0.2.

Try checking out again, make sure you are checking out lams2_3_1 source

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

12: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
In response to 11 08/17/09 06:45 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Luke, thank you for your help!

Of course you are right about projects for jboss-5. Now i checked out (using Eclipse) projects with lams2_3_1 tag (jboss-4.0.2 in lams_build properties files), made deployment with "build successful" for all tools, but now lams can't start at all.
I looked at server.log file (please see attachment) and there are deployment errors there like that:

2009-08-17 16:00:39,406 ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] could not start deployment: file:/C:/lams/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/deploy/lams.ear/
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/lams/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp3434783093911237083lams-tool-mdasgm10-exp.war/ deployment failed

2009-08-17 16:00:39,500 ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner] Incomplete Deployment listing:
--- Incompletely deployed packages ---
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@be787cce { url=file:/C:/lams/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/deploy/lams.ear/lams-tool-mdasgm10.war }
deployer: org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.Tomcat5@1342545
status: Deployment FAILED reason: URL file:/C:/lams/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp3434783093911237083lams-tool-mdasgm10-exp.war/ deployment failed
state: FAILED

Thanks ahaid!
Alexander.

Posted by Alex Lifanov

Attachments:
13: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
In response to 12 08/18/09 07:07 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi, looking at the server.log, the assignment tool project has been updated, but it can't find some of the classes it needs - if you haven't already done so, you'll probably need to rebuild the core lams libraries as well - 'ant assemble-ear; ant deploy-ear; ant copy-files' in the lams_build project.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

14: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
In response to 13 08/19/09 05:36 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Jun-Dir, thank you very much for your help!

I'm using LAMS 2.3 installer with 2.3.1 patch. Please tell me if the problem is in core libraries and i need to rebuild them as if i'm building LAMS from source?
I tried to make ant 'assemble-ear' in lams_build, but there is compiler error (please see attachment).

P.S. Do i need all LAMS projects under the same directory to make rebuild (i had only lams_build and lams_common)?

P.S.2. Please tell me how to set IP-address for LAMS if i will build it from source without installer?

Thanks ahaid, sincerely,
Alexander

Posted by Alex Lifanov

Attachments:
15: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
In response to 14 08/19/09 05:56 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Alex,

Here are the instruction how to build LAMS 2.3:

http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/Building+LAMS

Also, here are instructions on how to set up your development environment:

http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/Development+Environment

Now the latest development, not yet release, LAMS version 2.4 uses JBoss-5. So if you want to build the latest, please follow these instructions:

http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/Building+LAMS+2.4

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS