Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3

Search: 

10: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
In response to 9 08/11/09 02:20 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Luke,

sorry for my late answer, i was on vacation and now started Moodle-LAMS tools integration from the beginning (having LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3):

I checked out temp_moodle_dev, tool_adapters, lams_build and lams_common projects (all with lams2_3_1 tag).

After all configurations, i make «ant deploy-tool», but there is BUILD FAILED error immediately: C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment\build.xml:239: c:\lams\jboss-4.0
.2\common\lib not found.

I have the following correct path in my windows.properties file:
jboss.home=c:/lams/jboss-4.0.2/
but originally there was «jboss.home=D:/jboss-5/». May be i’m wrong with checking out projects? I used «lams2_3_1» tag.

Thank you,
Alex.

Posted by Alex Lifanov

11: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
In response to 10 08/11/09 05:23 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Alex,

What does your lams_build/windows.properties look like?

It looks to me like you have got the wrong version of lams_build... and possibly the other projects too.

If you have the correct version of lams_build, in the windows.properties file there should be a line that reads

j2eelibs=${jboss.server.instance}/lib

not

j2eelibs=${jboss.home}/common/lib

After 2.3.1 we have moved to jboss-5 and some of the directory structures have changed. It looks like the lams_build project is expecting jboss-5, but if it was checked out from the lams2_3_1 tag, it would be expecting jboss-4.0.2.

Try checking out again, make sure you are checking out lams2_3_1 source

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

12: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
In response to 11 08/17/09 06:45 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Luke, thank you for your help!

Of course you are right about projects for jboss-5. Now i checked out (using Eclipse) projects with lams2_3_1 tag (jboss-4.0.2 in lams_build properties files), made deployment with "build successful" for all tools, but now lams can't start at all.
I looked at server.log file (please see attachment) and there are deployment errors there like that:

2009-08-17 16:00:39,406 ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] could not start deployment: file:/C:/lams/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/deploy/lams.ear/
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/lams/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp3434783093911237083lams-tool-mdasgm10-exp.war/ deployment failed

2009-08-17 16:00:39,500 ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner] Incomplete Deployment listing:
--- Incompletely deployed packages ---
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@be787cce { url=file:/C:/lams/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/deploy/lams.ear/lams-tool-mdasgm10.war }
deployer: org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.Tomcat5@1342545
status: Deployment FAILED reason: URL file:/C:/lams/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp3434783093911237083lams-tool-mdasgm10-exp.war/ deployment failed
state: FAILED

Thanks ahaid!
Alexander.

Posted by Alex Lifanov

Attachments:
13: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
In response to 12 08/18/09 07:07 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi, looking at the server.log, the assignment tool project has been updated, but it can't find some of the classes it needs - if you haven't already done so, you'll probably need to rebuild the core lams libraries as well - 'ant assemble-ear; ant deploy-ear; ant copy-files' in the lams_build project.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

14: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
In response to 13 08/19/09 05:36 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Jun-Dir, thank you very much for your help!

I'm using LAMS 2.3 installer with 2.3.1 patch. Please tell me if the problem is in core libraries and i need to rebuild them as if i'm building LAMS from source?
I tried to make ant 'assemble-ear' in lams_build, but there is compiler error (please see attachment).

P.S. Do i need all LAMS projects under the same directory to make rebuild (i had only lams_build and lams_common)?

P.S.2. Please tell me how to set IP-address for LAMS if i will build it from source without installer?

Thanks ahaid, sincerely,
Alexander

Posted by Alex Lifanov

Attachments:
15: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tools integration problem with LAMS 2.3.1 and Moodle 1.9.3
In response to 14 08/19/09 05:56 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Alex,

Here are the instruction how to build LAMS 2.3:

http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/Building+LAMS

Also, here are instructions on how to set up your development environment:

http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/Development+Environment

Now the latest development, not yet release, LAMS version 2.4 uses JBoss-5. So if you want to build the latest, please follow these instructions:

http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/Building+LAMS+2.4

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS