Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Unable to connect to localhost - Urgent! in RED HAT linux environment

You may request notification for Unable to connect to localhost - Urgent! in RED HAT linux environment.
Search: 

1: Unable to connect to localhost - Urgent! in RED HAT linux environment
06/09/10 02:06 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,

have a big problem trying to install lams on my computer and make it work properly.
The files i use and install (in this order shown below) are the following three:
1. jdk-6u11-linux version
2. Mysql Server5.x
3. LAMS-2.3 (lams)

I have followed the steps provided in the installation insturction but after the lams application (./run-lams.sh) So now, the only thing that i get is the "problem loading page" page, with the following known message:

"Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:8080
* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

Note:
i am able to run the application in Windows environment. Please let me know if you need any other information.
And something else:

I would really appreciate any suggestions/solutions...

Thank you in advance.

Gopinath.M

Posted by gopinath mohanraj

2: Re: Unable to connect to localhost - Urgent! in RED HAT linux environment
In response to 1 06/09/10 02:35 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
HI Gopinath,

Are you running firefox in the same linux server as you installed LAMS?

If you installed LAMS in a remote linux server, then you will need to use the IP or domain of that server in order to access LAMS.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Unable to connect to localhost - Urgent! in RED HAT linux environment
In response to 1 06/09/10 03:36 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Its running in local host only.

Regards,
Gopinath.M

4: Re: Re: Unable to connect to localhost - Urgent! in RED HAT linux environment
In response to 3 06/09/10 05:58 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> Its running in local host only.

So do you mean that your browser *is* running on the same server as LAMS is installed?

If so, please have a look at the instructions on how to get the logs, zip them and attach the zip here.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

5: Re: Unable to connect to localhost - Urgent! in RED HAT linux environment
In response to 1 06/09/10 06:24 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks For your advise, i have successfully able to run the application in linux environment. The issue was after deployed the Lams.ear war in jboss4.0.2, run.sh file was corrupted. I have resolved the issue. Now the application is UP and Running now.

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS