Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Hi,

You may request notification for Hi,.
Search: 

1: Hi,
10/09/10 10:38 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Many of our users getting error message when they are trying to edit their user information.

Could you please advice on this which browser will support LAMS application so that i would ask my friends go through the same.

And also, I have configured my smtp server but i am unable to send or receive any mails via LAMS. Please advice what information should be updated in LAMS SMTP server configuration.

Please let me know if you are not clear.

Thanks
Gopinath.M

Posted by gopinath mohanraj

2: Re: Hi,
In response to 1 10/10/10 07:31 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> Many of our users getting error message when they are trying to edit their
> user information.

What's the error they are getting?

> Could you please advice on this which browser will support LAMS application
> so that i would ask my friends go through the same.

See browser compatibility here:

http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/System+Requirements

> And also, I have configured my smtp server but i am unable to send or receive
> any mails via LAMS. Please advice what information should be updated in
> LAMS SMTP server configuration.

Have you configured the SMTP settings in LAMS? (Sysadmin Menu -> Edit Configuration Settings) In there you are able to set up your SMTP server and username and password (if required).

If you have done all this and still doesn't work, check for error messages in the logs as that will give you the best clue. (See here for help with the logs http://is.gd/fUQY4)

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Error Message while editing lams profile and SMTP Server issue
In response to 1 10/12/10 07:11 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks Ernie,

Find the below error message while editing my profile

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: id to load is required for loading Hide detail
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: id to load is required for loading at org.hibernate.event.LoadEvent.(LoadEvent.java:51) at org.hibernate.event.LoadEvent.(LoadEvent.java:33) at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.get(SessionImpl.java:604) at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.get(SessionImpl.java:600) at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate$1.doInHibernate(HibernateTemplate.java:452) at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.execute(HibernateTemplate.java:366) at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.get(HibernateTemplate.java:446) at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.get(HibernateTemplate.java:440) at org.lamsfoundation.lams.dao.hibernate.BaseDAO.find(BaseDAO.java:200) at org.lamsfoundation.lams.usermanagement.service.UserManagementService.findById(UserManagementService.java:224) at org.lamsfoundation.lams.usermanagement.service.UserManagementService$$FastClassByCGLIB$$aa86f00b.invoke() at net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:149) at org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(Cglib2AopProxy.java:685) at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:148) at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:96) at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:170) at org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$DynamicAdvisedInterceptor.intercept(Cglib2AopProxy.java:623) at org.lamsfoundation.lams.usermanagement.service.UserManagementService$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$74a0082.findById() at org.lamsfoundation.lams.web.ProfileSaveAction.execute(ProfileSaveAction.java:114) at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431) at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236) at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196) at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at org.lamsfoundation.lams.web.filter.LocaleFilter.doFilterInternal(LocaleFilter.java:142) at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:77) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:174) at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:77) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at org.lamsfoundation.lams.web.session.SystemSessionFilter.doFilter(SystemSessionFilter.java:71) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178) at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalValve.java:39) at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:153) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:482) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:482) at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:59) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105) at org.lamsfoundation.lams.integration.security.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:121) at org.lamsfoundation.lams.integration.security.LoginRequestValve.invoke(LoginRequestValve.java:67) at org.apache.catalina.valves.FastCommonAccessLogValve.invoke(FastCommonAccessLogValve.java:481) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

For SMTP Server i am getting the below error :

server failed to send email to recipient. please contact your system administrator

But i configured the SMTP server details via Administration menu.

4: Re: Re: Error Message while editing lams profile and SMTP Server issue
In response to 3 10/13/10 04:16 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Gopinath,

Do you build your own version of LAMS or is it from an installer?

About the SMTP error you are getting, can you have a look at what the lams.log says when these message pops up?

Thanks,

Ernie

5: Re: Hi,
In response to 1 10/15/10 06:43 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Lams build i downloaded and installed from the below site,

http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/Downloads

I will update you the logs asap.

Thanks for your response.

Regards,
Gopinath.M

6: Re: LAMS mail configuration
In response to 1 10/27/10 06:01 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
can you please help me out for the Mail configuration in LAMS.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Gopinath.M

7: Re: Re: LAMS mail configuration
In response to 6 10/28/10 04:58 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> can you please help me out for the Mail configuration in LAMS.

The email settings have to be configured in the Sysadmin Menu. See the "Edit Configuration settings" link and then set your SMTP server. If your SMTP server requires authentication, make sure you add the username and password.

Also, don't forget to add the "LAMS Support Email" setting with your email address or whatever email address you want LAMS to send emails from (see the attached picture for an example).

Thanks

Ernie

Attachments:
8: Re: Hi, Regarding Mail Configuration
In response to 1 11/15/10 11:37 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks for your valuable response.

I did the same , but i dont know whether the mail communication happens in the LAMS.

Please let me know, how the users will come to know that they have got the courses assigned to their names.

If the mail communication works, From Lams automatic mail goes to the respective person reg the lessons offered for them.

Please help me out.

Thanks
Gopinath.M

9: Re: Re: Hi, Regarding Mail Configuration
In response to 8 11/16/10 05:02 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Gopinath,

> Please let me know, how the users will come to know that they have got the
> courses assigned to their names.

I don't think there's an email notification when a person is assigned to a course. So they will find out that they have been allocated to a course once they login into LAMS again.

I have added this as a new feature for the next release (2.4):

http://bugs.lamsfoundation.org/browse/LDEV-2602

Thanks,

ernie

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum