Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: an problem about lams building from source

You may request notification for an problem about lams building from source .
Search: 

1: an problem about lams building from source
11/29/10 02:22 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
One day I made a litter modify from lams source code,and I want to deploy on jboss to watch the modified effect.
So I run the Ant target from lams_build project,the order is
Run "clean"
Run "rebuild-db
Run "assemble-ear"
Run "deploy-ear"
Run "deploy-tools"
Run "copyfiles"
but I get an error message when the order run to "deploy-ear":

deploy-ear:

BUILD FAILED
F:\projects\lams2.3.4\lams_build\build.xml:205: F:\projects\lams2.3.4\lams_build\assembly not found.

I guess the problem is "assemble-ear" target won't build the assembly folder.But I don't know why it won't build this folder. And now I can't run lams server again because the clean target had move away the lams.ear folder from jboss.

How can I fix this problem?
And the other question is how can I build lams form souce easily? for example like my case, I just modify a java file from the lams_central's src, how can I build this file and deploy on jboss easily? Must I run the above ant targets order on each time?

And I am sure my modify area won't damage the lams source code.I just add some java comments in this case!

Thanks.

Posted by leo luo

2: Re: an problem about lams building from source
In response to 1 12/01/10 09:44 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hey leo,

you don't really need to run "clean" ant target as it's part of "assemble-ear" one.
and so the sequence of targets should be:
rebuild-db, assemble-ear, deploy-ear, deploy-tools, copyfiles

but even if you used "clean" one it shouldn't cause any problems at all.
and so in order to try to fix it can you please run "assemble-ear" task again and see if this "assembly" folder exists in file system?

also have you done any changes to lams_build/build.xml?

>And the other question is how can I build lams form souce easily? for example like my case, I just modify a java file from the lams_central's src, how can I build this file and deploy on jboss easily? Must I run the above ant targets order on each time?

run "deploy-jar" target from lams_central/build.xml if you just changed some java files
or "deploy-war" if you've modified some other stuff (e.g. jsp files)

hope this will help,
Best,
Andrey

Posted by Andrey Balan

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum