Forum Problems Installing LAMS: LAMS and MOODLE INTEGRATION ---MYSQL ACCESS DENIED

You may request notification for LAMS and MOODLE INTEGRATION ---MYSQL ACCESS DENIED.
Search: 

1: LAMS and MOODLE INTEGRATION ---MYSQL ACCESS DENIED
01/05/06 10:55 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello Jun,

I have done a fresh install. And tried to install the LAMS after the Moodle has been installed.

My environment
Windows XP, Webxerver Apache/PHP
Database MySql 4.1+

I have successfully installed the data base and application which happens to be Moodle and it was working perfectly. Thereafter I have installed LAMS which has started successfully.

Thereafter When I went back to the Moodle installation and tried to access it there wasa an error of Access denied to .

What I get is as under:
"
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Error

MySQL said:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
[Documentation]

I have two databases installed can I set the password in the MYSQL database.

I shall be grateful if you could help.

Posted by Bhupinder Singh

2: Re: LAMS and MOODLE INTEGRATION ---MYSQL ACCESS DENIED
In response to 1 01/05/06 06:39 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Have you checked the MySQL root password against what is specified in config.inc.php? Since LAMS worked properly, you should be able to see what you entered into the LAMS installer for the root password in the file C:\lams\lams-config.bat.

If you need to reset your root password, use this link: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/resetting-permissions.html

In any case, it doesn't seem like a LAMS issue, the LAMS installer will use the MySQL root user to create a user for itself, and from then on use that user to create its tables. If you're still having trouble, try a moodle forum for this issue, you may get better support for this.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

3: Re: LAMS and MOODLE INTEGRATION ---MYSQL ACCESS DENIED
In response to 1 01/06/06 12:36 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
THanks Jun,

I installed LAMS using the detailed option.

After the install when I log in as administrator. I get only one option User and the second button is missing.

Any trouble shooting or should i go in for a reinstall.

PS when I use the Basic config install both the buttons are available for use.

Thanks and sorry for the bother again.

Garry

4: Re: Re: LAMS and MOODLE INTEGRATION ---MYSQL ACCESS DENIED
In response to 3 01/06/06 09:45 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I'm trying to understand what you mean, but correct me please if i'm wrong.

Do both moodle and lams working ? (i'm assuming yes to all questions)

Are you talking about logging into lams (as "admin") and going to the administration menu, where it displays just the "user admin" button?

If so, i think that you need to log in as "lamsadmin" rather than "admin" to display the system administration button, where you then create the organisation which you will be using with moodle.

Hope this helps.

Matt

Posted by Matt Saunders

5: Re: LAMS and MOODLE INTEGRATION ---MYSQL ACCESS DENIED
In response to 1 01/10/06 05:53 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Matt Saunders has the right of it, but just to clarify how this may have happened...

The 'user admin' and 'sys admin' buttons are available to the LAMS admin user that was specified during the install (both basic and advanced, by default it is called 'lamsadmin').

This is as opposed to normal users with the 'administrator' role, who will only see the 'user admin' button, but not the 'sys admin' button. The user 'admin' is one of these, it is a demo user installed by default. The thing is, the demo users are given the same password as the LAMS admin user during installation.

I think what happened is, the first time you must have logged in with user 'admin' (no 'sys admin' button), but second time logged in with 'lamsadmin' ('sys admin' button appears).

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

6: Re: LAMS and MOODLE INTEGRATION ---MYSQL ACCESS DENIED
In response to 1 01/13/06 07:27 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thnaks a ton this really helped

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS