Forum Problems Installing LAMS: lams installation with tomcat applications

You may request notification for lams installation with tomcat applications.
Search: 

1: lams installation with tomcat applications
01/25/06 03:46 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I want to install LAMS on our moodle server. I am using some tomcat applications at the same server.
When I try to install LAMS, I cannot continue installation because tomcat already use the port 8080. Thus I have to shutdown tomcat.

I want to transfer tomcat applications into jboss-tomcat.
I want to know the root directory of webapps such that I can use some contents in moodle and lams.

Thanks in advance.

J.D. Park

Posted by Jong-Dae Park

2: Re: lams installation with tomcat applications
In response to 1 01/30/06 01:54 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Sure, it might be worth trying your tomcat webapps in LAMS' JBoss-Tomcat server - just remember that the version that LAMS uses is Tomcat 4.1.24, which might affect your existing webapps. In the JBoss installation, LAMS uses the 'default' server under the 'servers' folder, i.e. the path to lams.war is $JBOSS_HOME/server/default.

Another option is to set your Tomcat/LAMS server to use different ports. As I remember, there are 3 that you'd need change - 8080 for serving web pages, 8009 for an AJP connector, and 8005 the shutdown port. Just set these to, say, 8081, 8010, and 8006 and LAMS should install fine. Or keep 8080, and give LAMS another port... etc.

> I want to know the root directory of webapps such that I can use some contents in moodle and lams.
Not sure what you mean by 'use some contents in moodle and lams'?

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS