Forum Problems Installing LAMS: LAMS and EasyPHP

You may request notification for LAMS and EasyPHP.
Search: 

1: LAMS and EasyPHP
02/27/06 03:58 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
IS it possible to install LAMS with easyphp in my computer. I already have Easyphp, windows XP, and when I try to install Lams it says no Mysql. Waht can I do?
Would it be possible to install Easyphp and Mysql together?
Thanks to all

Posted by jorge vazquez

2: Re: LAMS and EasyPHP
In response to 1 02/27/06 06:17 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Jorge,

XAMP and EasyPHP don't use the MySQL installer, therefore no information about MySQL gets added into the Windows Registry. Have a look at this posting here as this might help you with the installation:

http://lamscommunity.org/dotlrn/clubs/technicalcommunity/forums/message-view?message_id=118753

If not, let us know here.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: LAMS and EasyPHP
In response to 1 03/19/06 08:45 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Jorge,

Should be possible. Try using the advanced setup and state that MySQL has already been installed. I imagine you'd know what your MySQL root password are etc.

Check if MySQL is active, if the installer is acting up as it thinks MySQL is not installed (quite possible if its looking in the registry for this - I can't recall now) - there should be an option for you to "go ahead anyway".

The main installer in the advanced mode will keep warning you that mysql may not be installed, but it would let you get through.

CZ

Posted by Chad Zilla

4: Re: LAMS and EasyPHP
In response to 1 07/16/06 04:02 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,
No way.
I changed from Easyphp to Appserv and there is no way to finish installation. I complete the forms with the right paths and everything, but it keeps saying that I should write the correct password for Mysql, though it's ok. Waht can I do?

Posted by jorge vazquez

5: Re: LAMS and EasyPHP
In response to 1 07/16/06 06:57 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Jorge,

In my testing I successfully ran EasyPHP with the latest LAMS installer - haven't run into AppServ though. If you're getting a 'Please set your current and correct password if MySQL has already been configured!' error, please check that you can login to MySQL using root with that password, and that the same password is set for all hosts listed in the MySQL user table. You can check this by using this SQL:

select user,host,password from mysql.user where user='root';

Another possibility is that another instance of MySQL is running which isn't the one you thought was. That's all I can think of for now... good luck

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS