Forum Problems Installing LAMS: can't see sequences in moodle

You may request notification for can't see sequences in moodle.
Search: 

1: can't see sequences in moodle
03/08/06 11:30 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello,

I have installed the lams-integration module in moodle according to the documentation.
I have addedt the database entry in lams, and configured the lams-module in moodle.

When I try to insert a lams activity there is no lams sequence visible to be selected.
I can use the new activity button to switch to lams and can create and save a new activity.
but when I close the lams window and refresh the sequence list in moodle there still is no lams sequence available.

The moodle user gets created in the lams database, so the basic connection must be working.

The attached image contains a screenshot of the moodle interface (german).

Hopefully

David Prüm

Posted by David Prüm

Attachments:
2: Re: can't see sequences in moodle
In response to 1 03/09/06 12:04 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,

I've seen this before, it happens when the module can't make it's SOAP calls to LAMS. There's a thread about a conflict between Moodle 1.6/PHP5 using nusoap and PHP5's built in soap.

What PHP/Moodle versions are you using?

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

3: Re: Re: can't see sequences in moodle
In response to 2 03/20/06 07:24 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,
sorry for the late response, i must have missed the email notification.

I use the following versions:

moodle  1.5.3+
mysql  4.1.11
php    4.3.10.16
LAMS    1.02

Posted by David Prüm

4: Re: can't see sequences in moodle
In response to 1 03/20/06 05:09 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Those versions look OK.

Have a look in the LAMS access log (C:\lams\jboss\server\default\log\localhost_access.log) - when you open that page such as the one you have in your screenshot in the first post, you should have these two lines in your LAMS access log:

127.0.0.1 - - [21/Mar/2006:10:00:29 10000] "GET /lams/services/LearningDesignService?wsdl HTTP/1.1" 200 3202
127.0.0.1 - - [21/Mar/2006:10:00:31 10000] "POST /lams/services/LearningDesignService HTTP/1.0" 200 2736

As you say, the user login/single sign on process seems to be working fine, since you can create and save a sequence. Are there any errors in your Apache error_log?

Another thing to try, in your mod/lams/lib.php file, is to edit the line that reads

include_once('../../config.php');

to become the full path to your Moodle config.php, such as

include_once('C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/moodle/config.php');

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

5: Re: Re: can't see sequences in moodle
In response to 4 03/21/06 04:06 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The change in mod/lams/lib.php did it.

Thank You very much.

Posted by David Prüm

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS