Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Lams Deployment Problem

You may request notification for Lams Deployment Problem.
Search: 

1: Lams Deployment Problem
04/12/06 07:00 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I am having a problem similar to another post which was not resolved. It relates to the jboss server starting without error but producing the "HTTP Status 500 - No Context configured to process this request" error when attempting to log onto lams using http://localhost:8080/lams.

The lams.war is in the deploy directory and all permissions and ownership have been established, as well as the deployment being done by the provided ant script with minimal changes.

I have attached the boot.log and server.log from the default path which provides debugging info as well as standard and shows no errors.

Thanks in advance and any help would be appericiated!

PS: orignal post http://www.lamscommunity.org/dotlrn/clubs/technicalcommunity/forums/message-view?message%5fid=142271

Cheers David B

Posted by David Binney

Attachments:
2: Re: Lams Deployment Problem
In response to 1 04/12/06 07:03 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
This is just for the boot.log attachment..:(

Posted by David Binney

Attachments:
3: Re: Lams Deployment Problem
In response to 1 04/12/06 11:34 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
This one is a bit of a mystery to me... the server.log in the other thread is what you would get if you hadn't installed LAMS at all, but just tried to run jboss from scratch. I haven't seen your server.log (hasn't attached properly), but I suspect it is the same.

There was another person on the forum who had the same problem (running CentOS), but after reinstalling using this as a guide, they didn't have the problem.

From your boot.log, jboss is running from /usr/local/lams/jboss - I assume lams.war, lams-1.0.jar, and lams-hibernate.sar are present in /usr/local/lams/jboss/server/default/deploy? The ant script also should have copied several .xml files to default/deploy/ (e.g. mysql-service.xml) and also default/conf (check the timestamps for the newer LAMS conf files).

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

4: Re: Lams Deployment Problem
In response to 1 05/03/06 12:04 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hey Jun-Dir Liew,

For this particular install there is allready a sun one web server running on the port 8080 and another service which is running on port 1099. This cannot be avoided because this install requires testing and will be used on a dev server running solaris 9 before going to prod.

Anyway, i have changed the ports that are being used with a find replace over the lams directory to ports 8180 and 1199 respectivly, and the process seems to run smoothly as you suggested on the CentOS help topic.

The problem that i have now is that when i try to access the lams server after it has started i just get a 500 error as per the image attached.

PS: the lams service is being started manually with:
/etc/init.d/lams start

I have also attached the console dump from lams as the dump file and the boot.log and server log from the default path are also attached again, however, the server log is empty again!!

Cheers wheelie

Posted by David Binney

Attachments:
5: Re: Lams Deployment Problem
In response to 1 05/03/06 12:12 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
boot.log attachment

Posted by David Binney

Attachments:
6: Re: Lams Deployment Problem
In response to 1 05/03/06 12:24 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
7: Re: Lams Deployment Problem
In response to 1 05/10/06 08:09 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Sorry for the delay in replying, got a bit busy and missed this post...

Before installing lams, you should be able to start jboss and access http://localhost:8180/jmx-console - LAMS restricts this url when you install it.

If you're still getting the 500 error - no context configured for /lams - you could try starting from scratch.
1. Take a fresh copy of jboss from lams-package
2. From the deploy directory of your existing jboss, copy lams-1.0.jar, lams.war, lams-hibernate.sar, mysql-service.xml, and tomcat41-service.xml into the deploy directory of your fresh copy of jboss.
3. Copy all the .jars from lams-package/lib into the new jboss/server/default/lib
4. Start mysql, export a JAVA_HOME into your current session (export JAVA_HOME=/path/to/java), cd into jboss/bin, and do './run.sh'.

This should be enough to display the LAMS front page when you access /lams - using the database and tomcat settings from the first time you configured lams. Obviously the install will be incomplete without the rest of the config files, but this may help in isolating the problem.

The other way would be to simply follow the steps to reinstall, perhaps using this as a guide. As in my earlier post, another user had success doing this when they had the same problem, although there's less chance of figuring out WHY it didn't work in the first place.

> however, the server log is empty again!!
Do you think this is because of the forum, or is your server.log really empty?

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

8: Re: Lams Deployment Problem
In response to 1 05/11/06 01:39 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello
I have been trying to install Lams but no luck, , I followed all the steps according to the manual on http://www.linuxtraining.org.uk/blogger1.html by Clive Gould, there are no problems with this, but later, when I try to upload the service (./run.sh) and access (http://localhost:8080/lams). I always get this famous message:
"HTTP Status 500 - No Context configured to process this request
type Status report
message No Context configured to process this request
description The server encountered an internal error (No Context configured to process this request) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
Apache Tomcat/4.1.24-LE-jdk14"

I also followed the steps that Jun-Dir Liew mentioned on his last post but without any result.

Does anyone have other suggestion?

I’m installing the Lams version 1.02, jsdk.1.4.2_11, mysql 4.0.24, Linux Debian Sarge

Regards

Posted by Oscar Reyes Hevia

9: Re: Lams Deployment Problem
In response to 1 05/15/06 06:04 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I have no problems running with Sun JDK 1.4.2_11 on Ubuntu 5.10 (a Debian derivative) - also I don't know of any problems running with MySQL 4.0, so those should be OK. Most simply if you get this error it is usually the case that the server is still starting up and not yet ready to accept connections to /lams. Also try accessing 'http://localhost:8080/jmx-console' - before deploying LAMS this should give you an admin page - after LAMS is installed, this URL should not work (it is disabled). Best advice I can give at the moment is to try and reinstall, perhaps on another machine. I'm open to suggestions as well though, I don't want to be the final word on anything!

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS