Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Problems installing LAMS on Windows XP with Service Pack 2

You may request notification for Problems installing LAMS on Windows XP with Service Pack 2.
Search: 

1: Problems installing LAMS on Windows XP with Service Pack 2
05/26/06 01:34 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I'm trying to install LAMS on Windows XP Profesional with SP2.
I've installed j2sdk1.4.2_10 and MySql 4.1.19. Wen I try to install LAMS I choose Advanced Configuration, on General System Settings i choose localhost as Server IP Adress, Windows XP Profesional as Operating System and mail.ua.es as Outgoing Mail Server. On the next screen, MySql Integration I choose C:\Archivos de programa\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1 as MySql Home Directory and lamsone and lamsone1 as the names of the databases. I also provided the password of root of MySql and a password for the lamsMySql user. On the next screen I leave the default values except of JDK home directory in whicht I put C:\j2sdk1.4.2_10.
Finally I try to install it and get this error:

Checking port 3306: MySql is not running! Check that the MySql install process is completed and MYSQL is running!

My SqlServer is running and the JAVA_HOME and MYSQL_HOME are set to C:\j2sdk1.4.2_10 and C:\Archivos de programa\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1 respectivelly.

If anyone could tell me anything about what could be happening i would be very gratefull.
Thanks in advance:

Nuria

Posted by gomis berenguer

2: Re: Problems installing LAMS on Windows XP with Service Pack 2
In response to 1 05/28/06 06:19 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Nuria,

What the installer is doing is testing port 3306 - if it occupied, then it assumes MySQL is running and proceeds, but if the port is free (i.e. not used), then it pops up the error as you saw. I guess the first thing to check would be if your MySQL is using a non-standard port?

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

3: Re: Problems installing LAMS on Windows XP with Service Pack 2
In response to 1 06/05/06 06:58 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
MySql is running on the correct port (3306), we haven't found the problemnt yet.
We have just decided to try to install LAMS under linux :) But we are still interested in
discovering the problem.

4: Re: Problems installing LAMS on Windows XP with Service Pack 2
In response to 1 06/05/06 07:03 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The only other reason I can think of is that MySQL is not running. You can test yourself what the installer is doing by opening a command prompt, and typing 'telnet localhost 3306'. If mysql is running, you should get your mysql version number and something that appears as gibberish. If it is not running, then you'll see 'Connecting... Connect failed' or something similar. In this case you would get the error as the installer says.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

5: Re: Problems installing LAMS on Windows XP with Service Pack 2
In response to 1 06/06/06 12:56 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
We have just discovered the problem, we didn't have administrator privileges. I mean, we launched the installer with administrator privilages but MySql with normal user privilages. Thanks for helping :D

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS