Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Resetting LAMS

You may request notification for Resetting LAMS.
Search: 

1: Resetting LAMS
06/08/06 04:02 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi all,

Is there any way to restore LAMS to it's factory (or installed) default? We've just installed a new version of it and inhabited it with lots of unecessary users (don't ask), and we just want to remove them all.

If anyone has any idea, I would very much appreciate it. As much as I love LAMS, I find it's user/org admin pretty poor (especially in situations where I have made a hapless error!).

Many thanks,

Kris

Posted by Kristian Besley

2: Re: Resetting LAMS
In response to 1 06/08/06 06:10 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
How about uninstalling and reinstalling? There is a database script you can run that represents your lams database at the time of installation (i.e. with all original settings and accounts), but uninstalling and reinstalling would do the same thing. I think this would be the simplest way to go.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

3: Re: Resetting LAMS
In response to 1 06/09/06 01:49 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Reinstalling is the option that I was trying to avoid (the time it takes to install more than anything else!), so I'll look for the database script (I'm assuming it is in the LAMS folder somewhere?).

Many thanks for the heads up,

Kris

4: Re: Resetting LAMS
In response to 1 06/09/06 06:32 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Okay, I've found a way but it's a bit of a hack and I'm not sure what the implications will be in the long run... So I can't recommend it to anyone at the moment.

I have however re-added a user with the same username as before in a different organisation, and it appears to be fine.

The hack is to access the tbl_user table in the lams database and to just remove the users which you want to kill off.

This is probably not recommended if the user(s) have already created sequences because their new userid will be different and won't match up. So - don't do this unless you have to.

I just couldn't face a reinstall (and couldn't find the fixer script).

Kris

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS