Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Problems installing - winXP and Apache2Triad (Apache/MySQL/PHP)

You may request notification for Problems installing - winXP and Apache2Triad (Apache/MySQL/PHP).
Search: 

1: Problems installing - winXP and Apache2Triad (Apache/MySQL/PHP)
07/11/06 09:48 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I'm trying to install LAMS for testing purposes on a laptop running winXP pro. On this PC I already run an apache web server together with MySQL 4.0.24 and PHP 4.3 for development purposes. I used the Apache2Triad package[http://apache2triad.net/] to automate the installation of the above. All works fine and I am able to locally test webpages with a MySQL back-end served as http:/localhost/test_site/index.php etc.

I installed JAVA JDK 1.4.2 without any problems and skipped the MySQL installation as I already have a working version (as explained above).

I installed LAMS v-1.0.2 using the win installer (build 20060424) without any problems being reported. For this I used the advanced installation option and entered the correct path to my existing version of mySQL [C:/apache2triad/mysql/] and entered my existing root password.

However, after installation, when redirected to the log-in page at http://localhost:8080/lams/login.jsp I get the generic HTTP Status 500 error [see below for full transcript of this error page]. I've read through the forums and realise that this could mean any number of things...

I'm assuming that Tomcat is running as I see error pages (I've additionally checked http://localhost:8080/ and also see the 'no context configured to process this request' error).

I have waited 'more than 2 minutes' in case of start-up delay issues. I have also stopped and restarted the LAMS server using the Program Files>LAMS>shortcuts.

I have checked that mySQL is running (which it is - verified by running the WinMySQLadmin utility), I have tried all of the above with my existing Apache server service started and stopped both during and after installation - obviously making sure at all times that mySQL was still running.

I don't know how to check if JAVA JDK 1.4.2 is running properly but as I've mentioned the installation didn't cause any problems.

Having a quick look at the boot.log and server.log files in C:/lambs/jboss/server/default/ (I can't seem to include transcripts of these within a post [illegal CLASSPATH tags?] so will try to post separately as an attachment. Am happy to email too - let me know your address) it seems that the problem is:
Access denied for user: 'lams@localhost' (Using password: YES)

'lams' is the name of the lams MySQL user I defined during the advanced installation.

The strange part is that if I now try to access MySQL to view my databases (I use phpMyAdmin via: http://localhost/phpMyAdmin/) I am prompted for the root password, as usual, but find that it has been 'wiped out'. That's to say that to log-in I enter user 'root' but now have to leave the password field blank. I have verified that if I uninstall LAMS and re-enter a MuSQL root password the next LAMS installation also wipes it clean.

Once in, looking around confirms that a user called 'lams' (as specified during installation) has not been created and neither has a database.

Can anyone help?

Is it impossible for me to have an existing Apache/MySQL/PHP apache2triad installation on the same laptop as LAMS?

Is the problem that I should still install MySQL 4.1 although I have an existing instance of it. Can this actually be done? I assume that there would be issues with windows registering both services? (I'm a total newbie at server-side stuff so clear advice as to how to overcome this would be appreciated).

Apologies for the long-winded explanation - I'm trying to be as clear as possible describing the problem.

many thanks

jerome

[See below for error and logs mentioned in the text above]
----------------------------------------------------------
##########################################################
error page on first start-up
HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:254)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at org.jboss.web.catalina.security.JBossSecurityMgrRealm.invoke(JBossSecurityMgrRealm.java:227)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:551)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:246)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)
at org.lamsfoundation.ld.security.valve.LoginRequestValve.invoke(LoginRequestValve.java:80)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:509)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:594)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:392)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:619)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

root cause

javax.servlet.ServletException
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:536)
at org.apache.jsp.login_jsp._jspService(login_jsp.java:260)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:210)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.jboss.web.catalina.security.JBossSecurityMgrRealm.invoke(JBossSecurityMgrRealm.java:227)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:551)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:246)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)
at org.lamsfoundation.ld.security.valve.LoginRequestValve.invoke(LoginRequestValve.java:80)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:509)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:594)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:392)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:619)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Apache Tomcat/4.1.24-LE-jdk14
error page [end]
----------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Jerome Di Pietro

2: Re: Problems installing - winXP and Apache2Triad [boot.log and server.log]
In response to 1 07/11/06 09:57 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Unfortunately I can't seem to post the boot.log and server.log files. All I get is:

"Server Error - The requested URL cannot be accessed due to a system error on this server."

let me know your email address by contacting me:

jerome at N0 SPAM openpolytechnic D0T ac D0T nz

and I'll be happy to send them on. I'm very keen to solve this and start using LAMS!

thanks

Posted by Jerome Di Pietro

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS