Forum Problems Installing LAMS: LAMS 1.0.2/JBOSS 4/JDK 1.5 -- Problems post installation

You may request notification for LAMS 1.0.2/JBOSS 4/JDK 1.5 -- Problems post installation.
Search: 

1: LAMS 1.0.2/JBOSS 4/JDK 1.5 -- Problems post installation
09/07/06 08:45 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi! I've the next output when running run.sh.
My environment is: JBOSS_HOME=/usr/local/lams/jboss4, LAMS_HOME=/usr/local/lams.
Java SDK is diablo-sdk-1.5.0, jboss-4.0.4.GA.
------------
11:45:10,679 INFO [ServiceConfigurator] Problem configuring service jboss:type=Service,name=BootstrapEditors
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Exception setting attribute javax.management.Attribute@e61a35 on mbean jboss:type=Service,name=BootstrapEditors; - nested throwable: (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.ObjectNameEditor)
--------------
After that output, more errors occurs and finally jboss doesn't start at all.
Any help will be appreciated

Posted by Slack Linucs

2: Re: LAMS 1.0.2/JBOSS 4/JDK 1.5 -- Problems post installation
In response to 1 09/07/06 06:11 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]

I don't think LAMS 1.0.2 will fly with JBoss 4. As far as I'm aware, we never manage to get it to work with JDK 1.5 or JBoss 4. However, it does work with JBoss 3.0.8 and JDK 1.4. Here are the instructions for a manual installation.

LAMS 2.0 does run with JBoss 4 and JDK 1.5 though.

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: LAMS 1.0.2/JBOSS 4/JDK 1.5 -- Problems post installation
In response to 1 09/08/06 07:31 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I've tested LAMS 2.0 Beta1 with jboss4 and jdk-1.5, started well, but i'd the problem that main page worked fine, but when i log in it shows me only a JPG and refresh/logout links. For example, i enter as user "sysadmin" pwd "sysadmin" and next page says "Welcome, Fei" with only the JPG and links mentioned above. That's the reason why i tried to run lams 1.0.2.
Again, any help will be appreciated. Regards

Posted by Slack Linucs

4: Re: Re: LAMS 1.0.2/JBOSS 4/JDK 1.5 -- Problems post installation
In response to 3 09/08/06 07:22 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Have you tried to login as user: test1 passwd: test1 ? You should be able to see the "Author" and "Add Lesson" links. If not can you post a screenshot of what you are getting? cheers.

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

5: Re: LAMS 1.0.2/JBOSS 4/JDK 1.5 -- Problems post installation
In response to 1 11/01/06 09:57 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Got some problem on installing jboss, after downloading it and decompressing the jboss-4.0.2.tar.gz, i tried to run jboss on ssh by executing the ./run.sh under the jboss-4.0.2/bin directory when i saw that the Jboss is running i tried to access it using my browser by typing http://hostname:8080 but connection time out is all i got and i tried to netstat -an on it there's none listening or bound to port 8080, i tried to change it using the [JBOSS_HOME]/server/default/jbossweb55.sar/server/xml to change the port number to 8083, but still none was listening to that port. Any idea about my problem? sorry its my first time using jboss i hope someone could help me on it. Thanks in Advance

Posted by Jeffrey Jarin

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS