Forum Problems Installing LAMS: lams integration with moodle

You may request notification for lams integration with moodle.
Search: 

1: lams integration with moodle
12/13/06 09:02 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
hi every body!

I try to integrating LAMS1.0.2 with moodle1.7 in two servers. I configured lams server URL in moodle's modules activity.but i didn't fill in the lams server id and server key, Is these necessary?
Choosing the LAMS activity module the LAMS activity dialogue does appear, but the "Select Workspace" and "Select Sequence" fiels are empty. When I click "Create a new sequence" The IE shows error that
"HTTP STATUS 401 -LOGIN FAILD YOUR SERVER HAS NOT REGISTERD IN LAMS.

TYPE STATUS report.
message LOGIN FAILD YOUR SERVER HAS NOT REGISTERD IN LAMS.
description this request requires http authentication(LOGIN FAILD YOUR SERVER HAS NOT REGISTERD IN LAMS.
)"

what's problem is that? what dos it means "LOGIN FAILD YOUR SERVER HAS NOT REGISTERD IN LAMS"? how to solve it?

i'm a new user of lams,this is the my first time that integrating lams with moodle. can you tell me what is the basic procedure or settings in integrating lams with moodle? where we need to setting above all which files?

Posted by ablet wayit

2: Re: lams integration with moodle
In response to 1 12/13/06 04:51 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi

Yes, you do need to fill in the server id and server key - these are like a username and password for your Moodle server to access the LAMS server behind the scenes. So you do need to fill these out.

If you go to http://lamsfoundation.org/integration/lamsintegration/, you'll find a step by step walkthrough of how to setup an integration, using Moodle as an example. It's a bit fiddly, as you need to manually insert a row into the LAMS database. But it explains what you need to do.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

3: Re: Re: lams integration with moodle
In response to 2 12/14/06 08:36 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi!
Thanks for your reply,I read the contents of youprovide url,i reinstall moodle and lams ,also configured it according to the content. but problem have not been solved, i don't know how should i do?

Posted by ablet wayit

4: Re: Re: Re: lams integration with moodle
In response to 3 12/14/06 08:40 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
What sort of error do you get now?

The error in your original post is saying that it couldn't find a row in the LAMS table ext_server_org_map that corresponded to your Moodle server, i.e. the server id's didn't match. The 'server id' that you give to the LAMS module in Moodle must have a corresponding row with the same 'server id' in the ext_server_org_map table. The same goes for the 'server key'. Make sure these two parameters are the same on the Moodle side as well as the LAMS side.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: lams integration with moodle
In response to 4 12/15/06 10:35 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi!
I'm sure that these two parameters you said are the same on the moodle side and lams side.but,i can't create new sequence on my moodle lams activity,the error display like following:
"HTTP STATUS 401 -LOGIN FAILD YOUR SERVER HAS NOT REGISTERD IN LAMS.

TYPE STATUS report.
message LOGIN FAILD YOUR SERVER HAS NOT REGISTERD IN LAMS.
description this request requires http authentication(LOGIN FAILD YOUR SERVER HAS NOT REGISTERD IN LAMS.
)"

There is not lams sequence which created in the lams server side on moodle lams activity.

I try it more time,but the problem was not solved.

please help me!

Posted by ablet wayit

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: lams integration with moodle
In response to 5 12/18/06 04:42 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS