Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Cannot Access Lams 2.0.3 on Windows XP

You may request notification for Cannot Access Lams 2.0.3 on Windows XP.
Search: 

1: Cannot Access Lams 2.0.3 on Windows XP
06/26/07 11:26 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
After installing LAMS successfully on WinXP and access LAMS
i got the following error on this link http://localhost:8180/lams/

HTTP Status 404 - /lams/

type Status report

message /lams/

description The requested resource (/lams/) is not available.
Apache Tomcat/5.5.9

when i try to access jboss http://localhost:8180/
i can access jboss

what i found weird is i visited the lams2 database in mySQL and it got no Tables in it.

Thanks
JJ

Posted by Jeffrey Jarin

2: Re: Cannot Access Lams 2.0.3 on Windows XP
In response to 1 06/27/07 05:30 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
here's what i have on server.log

--- MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM ---
ObjectName: jboss.web.deployment:war=lams-central.war,id=1314105253
State: FAILED
Reason: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/lams/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/deploy/lams.ear/lams-central.war/ deployment failed

19:11:48,593 INFO [org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol] Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-0.0.0.0-8180
19:11:48,687 INFO [org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket] JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
19:11:48,703 INFO [org.apache.jk.server.JkMain] Jk running ID=0 time=0/32 config=null
19:11:48,718 INFO [org.jboss.system.server.Server] JBoss (MX MicroKernel) [4.0.2 (build: CVSTag=JBoss_4_0_2 date=200505022023)] Started in 59s:312ms

can anyone help me on this problem?

Posted by Jeffrey Jarin

3: Re: Cannot Access Lams 2.0.3 on Windows XP
In response to 1 06/27/07 05:39 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
i also tried restarting lams and watch the log again here is what ive found
-- Incompletely deployed packages ---
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@4e53a7a5 { url=file:/C:/lams/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/deploy/lams.ear/lams-central.war/ }
deployer: org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.Tomcat5@24de7d
status: Deployment FAILED reason: URL file:/C:/lams/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/deploy/lams.ear/lams-central.war/ deployment failed
state: FAILED
watch: file:/C:/lams/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/deploy/lams.ear/lams-central.war/WEB-INF/web.xml
altDD: null
lastDeployed: 1182944354328
lastModified: 1182878314562
mbeans:

i can access jboss and jmx and webcosole, i'm not sure why its failing to deploy the war files for lams

Posted by Jeffrey Jarin

4: Re: Re: Cannot Access Lams 2.0.3 on Windows XP
In response to 3 06/27/07 06:36 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Jeffrey,

Sorry I didn't get to this yesterday.

If your database is empty, the war files won't be loaded - if you look further back through the lams log there is probably a whole pile of Hibernate errors complaining that it can't find the tables.

So why is the database empty?

I've just put a new wiki page just for troubleshooting the Windows Installer. Can you have a read of this page and get a copy of the detailed log and the installer.properties file. Hopefully that will tell us what the problem is.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

5: Re: Re: Re: Cannot Access Lams 2.0.3 on Windows XP
In response to 4 07/06/07 05:38 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
thanks fiona,

i have read the link above and re install lams and attached the logs here Hope to hear from you soon,

I'm using MySQL 5.0
Java version is already indicated on the logs

Thanks
Jeff

Posted by Jeffrey Jarin

Attachments:
6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cannot Access Lams 2.0.3 on Windows XP
In response to 5 07/06/07 05:41 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
i cant run lams thought i have no installation problem im not also sure how and why did my database ended up without tables

HTTP Status 404 - /lams/

type Status report

message /lams/

description The requested resource (/lams/) is not available.

Posted by Jeffrey Jarin

8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cannot Access Lams 2.0.3 on Windows XP
In response to 5 07/09/07 05:43 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Jeffrey,

I had a look at your logs and found this error when connecting to MySQL:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

Can you check if you have a firewall (such as Windows' firewall) enabled? If so you may be able to make an exception for java (Windows firewall allows you to make exceptions for programs). You'll need to reinstall LAMS though, since your tables weren't setup during the install.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

7: Re: Cannot Access Lams 2.0.3 on Windows XP
In response to 1 07/09/07 06:10 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Good Day Fiona,

one big question is why did the installer run successfully on my machine but never created a table on its database?

Posted by Jeffrey Jarin

9: Re: Re: Cannot Access Lams 2.0.3 on Windows XP
In response to 7 07/10/07 08:08 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Well, the short answer is we obviously don't have enough checks in the installer to detect this particular issue.

We have had a lot of difficulty doing database updates with the installer software that we use to write the Windows installers. Without going into detail, things you think should work just don't work. So we find it hard to read back the results of what we do and check it for errors.

So we have tried to second guess what can go wrong, and check for it manually. I thought we had a check that checked the database load had run at least somewhat okay, so we will look at that for the next version.

Once we know how to reproduce the problem, I'll raise a problem report for it and we'll see if we can build another check into the installer. I still don't know how this is happening. If I try running the installer and shut down MySQL before the installer actually does the installing (but after the configuration), then I do get an error message when it tries to create the database. If the root password for the database is wrong, that gives an error. I've tried making my firewall very restrictive and still it installed okay. So I can't reproduce it.

Can you check the firewall as Jun-Dir suggested? Then next time you run the installer make sure you click the show details button and get the install log from the installing screen. The bit with the db load should have something like:

Extract: dump.sql... 100%
C:\Program Files\xampp\mysql\bin\mysql -e "CREATE DATABASE lams2 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8" -u root
C:\Program Files\xampp\mysql\bin\mysql -e "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO lams2@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'lamsdemo'" -u root
C:\Program Files\xampp\mysql\bin\mysql -e "REVOKE PROCESS,SUPER ON *.* from lams2@localhost" -u root
C:\Program Files\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqladmin flush-privileges -u root
Output folder: c:\temp
C:\lams\apache-ant-1.6.5\bin\ant.bat import-db
DB import status: 0
DB import output: Buildfile: build.xml

import-db:
[sql] Executing file: C:\temp\dump.sql
[sql] Executing file: C:\lams\update_lams_configuration.sql
[sql] 933 of 933 SQL statements executed successfully

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 6 seconds

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

10: Re: Cannot Access Lams 2.0.3 on Windows XP
In response to 1 07/10/07 08:54 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks Jun-Dir and Fiona

i'll try both your advice today hope i got good luck :)

thanks again

Posted by Jeffrey Jarin

11: Re: Cannot Access Lams 2.0.3 on Windows XP
In response to 1 07/11/07 03:47 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks Fiona and Jun I have successfully run lams what i just did was to uninstall the lams and uninstall my WAMP Server, I think it has a conflict on the Databse PORT that is uses, my WAMP server was set to 3306 while i did set mySQL Server to 3307. After uninstalling WAMP and reinstall MySQL to 3306 port and Re Install Lams again. Lams run successfully now.

Thanks for the help and replies :) God Bless!!! more power to LAMS

Posted by Jeffrey Jarin

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS