Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Error when i install Lams 2.0.2

You may request notification for Error when i install Lams 2.0.2.
Search: 

1: Error when i install Lams 2.0.2
08/30/07 12:12 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
MySql Server 5.0.41
EasyPHP 2.01b
Wildfire 2.6.2
JDK 6

Log error:

Setting up JBoss 4.0.2
Output folder: C:\lams
Output folder: C:\lams\jboss-4.0.2
Extract: jar-versions.xml... 100%

C:\lams\apache-ant-1.6.5\bin\newAnt.bat configure-deploy
Setting MySQL transaction-isolation to READ-COMMITTED
Delete file: C:\Arquivos de programas\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\\my.ini
Rename: C:\DOCUME~1\Xando\CONFIG~1\Temp\nshFC.tmp->C:\Arquivos de programas\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\\my.ini
MySQL will need to be restarted for this to take effect.
Output folder: C:\DOCUME~1\Xando\CONFIG~1\Temp
Extract: dump.sql... 100%
C:\Arquivos de programas\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\\bin\mysql -e "CREATE DATABASE lams2 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8" -u root
C:\Arquivos de programas\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\\bin\mysql -e "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO root@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'root'" -u root
Database setup failed.

Posted by Alexandre Arume

2: Re: Error when i install Lams 2.0.2
In response to 1 09/02/07 08:29 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I've been able to reproduce this problem if I enter the wrong database password in the MySQL Password field on the "Setting Up MySQL Database Access" screen.

Can you please try the installation again.

(1) Use a different username and password for the "MySQL Username" and "MySQL Password" fields. Don't use "root".

The new database user is created automatically for you. You do NOT have to give it the name and password of an existing database user.

Why? We recommend that you DON'T use root as the database user account for LAMS for security reasons.

(2) Is there any reason why you are trying to install 2.0.2? There is a later version 2.0.4 available on the Downloads page. To install 2.0.4 you should
* download both LAMS-2.0.3.exe and LAMS-2.0.4.exe
* run LAMS-2.0.3.exe
* run LAMS-2.0.4.exe

Before running the installer again, please go into your MySQL administration program (e.g. MySQL Administrator) and if a lams2 database exists then drop the lams2 database. Otherwise when you rerun the installer, it will detect the database and refuse to install.

If you don't have a MySQL Administration program, then you can do it via the command line:

> cd C:\Arquivos de programas\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin
> mysql -u root -p
Enter password: ********
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 675
Server version: 5.0.33 Source distribution

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.

mysql> drop database lams2;

If you get an error "Can't drop database 'lams2'; database doesn't exist" then just ignore it - that just means the installer managed to delete the database when the install failed.

Hope this helps!

Fiona Malikoff

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS