Forum Problems Installing LAMS: lams start up problem

You may request notification for lams start up problem.
Search: 

1: lams start up problem
11/25/07 11:55 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
My Problem(in windows XP)
I have installed Java1.6.0_03 , MySQL5.0.45 and wildfire_2_6_2 successfully first. Then, I also installed LAMS-2.0 successfully . But ,when I start up the LAMSv2, I cannot get the login paper.So ,I uninstalled the LAMS-2.0, there is a problem(see uninstall lams problem).
I setup LAMS-2.0 again successfully, start up LAMSV2,fail again. I copy the setup details(see lams2.0 setup successfully)and logs in the log files.

Thanks!

Posted by lihua Guo

Attachments:
2: Re: lams start up problem
In response to 1 11/26/07 10:32 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
How long are you waiting for LAMS to start?

Looking at the server.log, the last line is:

12:39:04,942 INFO [org.jboss.system.server.Server] JBoss (MX MicroKernel) [4.0.2 (build: CVSTag=JBoss_4_0_2 date=200505022023)] Started in 1m:17s:438ms

This looks like LAMS hasn't finished starting. If it is partway through starting, then you won't be able to get to the login page - it will sit there waiting for LAMS to respond.

LAMS has finished starting when you get a line like this at the end of the server.log file:

12:39:04,942 INFO [org.jboss.system.server.Server] JBoss (MX MicroKernel) [4.0.2 (build: CVSTag=JBoss_4_0_2 date=200505022023)] Started in 1m:17s:438ms

Depending on what else is running on the PC, it can take a few minutes for LAMS to start.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

3: Re: lams start up problem
In response to 1 11/26/07 10:39 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Sorry - my last posting had a copy and paste error so I'll post again and get it right this time:

How long are you waiting for LAMS to start?

Looking at the server.log, the last line is:

13:19:28,918 INFO [org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/lams/tool/lamc11, warUrl=file:/C:/lams/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp8649lams-tool-lamc11-exp.war/

This says LAMS hasn't finished starting. If it is still starting up, then the login page won't work.

LAMS has ready when you get a line like this at the end of the server.log file:

Depending on what else is running on the PC, it can take a few minutes for LAMS to start.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

4: Re: Re: lams start up problem
In response to 3 11/26/07 11:46 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
It had taken about 6 minutes since I started up the LAMS from the menu.In final ,it failed. There are probably some other problems.
Today's server.file see the attach files.
Thank you !

Posted by lihua Guo

Attachments:
5: Re: Re: Re: lams start up problem
In response to 4 11/28/07 09:49 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The attached server.log in only a tiny bit of the overall log. Could you try it again and get the server.log and the lams.log and put them in a rar file like you did before?

Can you also check your database name and password. If LAMS cannot connect to the database, it does take a very long time to start up, and then won't work.

The database details are in C:\lams\jboss-4.0.2\server\default\deploy\mysql-ds.xml.

The database name is in the connection-url. For example "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/lams2" points to a database called lams2. The database username and password are in the "user-name" and "password" fields.

To test this, bring up a command line window and do:

> cd "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin"
> mysql -u <username> -p
Enter password: *******
Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 27
Server version: 5.0.33 Source distribution

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.

mysql> use <database name>;
mysql> show tables;

Replace <username> and <database name> with your values. If you left them as the default values when you installed, the username is lams2, the database name is lams2 and the password is lamsdemo.

When you do the "show tables", it should give you a long list of tables starting with "lams_" and "tl_"

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: lams start up problem
In response to 5 12/01/07 07:26 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Fiona,

what I have done is as follows:

1.bring up a command line window and follow your advice step by step(see "mysql command line" and "mysql command line2" pictures)
and I am sure "the username is lams2, the database name is lams2 and the password is lamsdemo".

2.uninstalled the lams2.0 completely.

3.installed the lams2.0 to make sure mysql "the username is lams2, the database name is lams2 and the password is lamsdemo"

4.start up the lamsv2.It took a long time and failed like before.

5.start up again,but there was a error(see "start up error " picture).

Posted by lihua Guo

Attachments:
7: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: lams start up problem
In response to 6 12/02/07 08:28 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Lihua,

Note that there is another log file in C:\lams\jboss\logs\wrapper.log that may contain logging information from the service wrapper (the bit that sits between the start menu and LAMS). Otherwise, your attachments are very thorough :)

One thing you could try is starting up LAMS manually, without using the start menu shortcuts. This way you'll skip the java service wrapper, and that will tell us if there was something wrong with that.

To do this you need to edit C:\lams\jboss\bin\run.bat. Open it in Notepad or Wordpad, and at the bottom, it looks like this:

-----------------
:RESTART
ECHO "%JAVA%" %JAVA_OPTS% "-Djava.endorsed.dirs=%JBOSS_ENDORSED_DIRS%" -classpath "%JBOSS_CLASSPATH%" org.jboss.Main %*
IF ERRORLEVEL 10 GOTO RESTART

:END
if "%NOPAUSE%" == "" pause

:END_NO_PAUSE
------------------

Remove the word 'ECHO' so that it looks like this:

-----------------
:RESTART
"%JAVA%" %JAVA_OPTS% "-Djava.endorsed.dirs=%JBOSS_ENDORSED_DIRS%" -classpath "%JBOSS_CLASSPATH%" org.jboss.Main %*
IF ERRORLEVEL 10 GOTO RESTART

:END
if "%NOPAUSE%" == "" pause

:END_NO_PAUSE
------------------

Save the file, then double click it from Windows Explorer to start up LAMS.

Another thing I noticed was that the logs show that LAMS is using Java 1.5.0_01 - I'm not sure if this could be the problem, but if you reinstall LAMS, you can specify which Java JDK it should use in one of the installer screens. You might need to read carefully to see it, as it automatically detects and fills it in for you.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS