Forum Problems Installing LAMS: problems integrating Moodle 1.83 and LAMS 2.04 on Windows 2003

You may request notification for problems integrating Moodle 1.83 and LAMS 2.04 on Windows 2003.
Search: 

1: problems integrating Moodle 1.83 and LAMS 2.04 on Windows 2003
12/06/07 08:40 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi all, I've encountered the error message stated below when adding LAMS v2 as activity in Moodle course.

Posted by David Lai

2: Re: problems integrating Moodle 1.83 and LAMS 2.04 on Windows 2003
In response to 1 12/06/07 08:56 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Should there be an attachment?

Meanwhile, this page has a few troubleshooting items - http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/Moodle

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

3: Re: Re: problems integrating Moodle 1.83 and LAMS 2.04 on Windows 2003
In response to 2 12/07/07 12:57 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi the error was not listed in previous posting. Below is the one

Warning: file_get_contents(http://10.0.0.68:8080/lams/services/xml/LearningDesignRepository?serverId=moodle1&datetime=December+07%2C2007+6%3A53+am&hashValue=ae4afe59a2f238b9d404907e5d95107304e40d47&username=admin&courseId=201&mode=2&country=SG&lang=en_utf8) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 400 can not retreive user information in D:\xampplite\moodle\mod\lamstwo\lib.php on line 231
The Moodle to LAMS REST call failed and returned an HTTP status of 400 Bad Request. Please check the configurations settings and/or contact your system administrator.

Posted by David Lai

4: Re: Re: Re: problems integrating Moodle 1.83 and LAMS 2.04 on Windows 2003
In response to 3 12/07/07 01:08 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I did try to install on my XP machine and it works perfectly. But getting the error when LAMS2 is installed in Windows 2003 Server. Any tips and trick...to tweak around in windows 2003 to get the Moodle 1.83 and LAMS 2.04 to work?? Appreciate for help....

Posted by David Lai

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: problems integrating Moodle 1.83 and LAMS 2.04 on Windows 2003
In response to 4 12/11/07 09:51 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
David,

We are trying to track this one down.

If you try copying and pasting the URL in the error message straight into your browser, does it throw any errors. You have to get the exact URL or it will fail validation checks.

Also, are there any errors in the logs in [jboss]/server/default/log? Particularly in lams.log and server.log?

We made a change in the Moodle module to do with that area of the code last October, so we are wondering if that has something to do with it. Did you do the XP installation before or after the Windows 2003 version? Did you use the same copy of the module on both the XP and Windows 2003 servers or did you download it a second time?

I assume both machines have the same country and language settings?

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

7: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: problems integrating Moodle 1.83 and LAMS 2.04 on Windows 2003
In response to 5 12/17/07 02:01 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Fiona,

Thanks for the reply.

The apache tomcat returned Http Status 400 - Cannot retrieve user information when i paste the url into the browser.

And as for the log, it's giving the error as below in Lams.log

15:42:33,859 [http-0.0.0.0-8080-1:] ERROR org.lamsfoundation.lams.web.session.SessionManager - Failed on finding current system session with null sessionId

The installation is carried out in 2 different machine. Since the installtion in windows 2003 failed so I tried it on my XP machine. And both machines are having the same language settings.

Both are using php 5.2 and using the same copy of module.

Posted by David Lai

8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: problems integrating Moodle 1.83 and LAMS 2.04 on Windows 2003
In response to 7 12/17/07 04:51 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The "Failed on finding current system session with null sessionId" error can be safely ignored.

If there aren't any errors on the LAMS logs then it points to an error on the Moodle side, or in the URL that calls Moodle to get the user details.

In LAMS, log in as sysadmin and go to the Sys Admin menu, the Maintain Integrated Servers screen and edit the Moodle configuration. Find the entry for the User Information URL and copy and paste that URL into your browser. That will try to call Moodle to get the user details. Does that work?

The url will be something like:

http://<moodle_server>/mod/lamstwo/userinfo.php?ts=%timestamp%&un=%username%&hs=%hash%

or

http://<moodle_server>/moodle/mod/lamstwo/userinfo.php?ts=%timestamp%&un=%username%&hs=%hash%

The extra "moodle/" is needed if you call access Moodle as http://<moodle_server>/moodle/ - it depends on how you installed Moodle.

If the url fails, and adding/removing the "/moodle" isn't the solution, then have a look at the Apache logs for any errors that Moodle might be writing out.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

9: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: problems integrating Moodle 1.83 and LAMS 2.04 on Windows 2003
In response to 8 12/18/07 01:50 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Fiona,

Tried it out by still no luck with it. Checked Apache log and there is no error. Any other idea...?

Posted by David Lai

10: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: problems integrating Moodle 1.83 and LAMS 2.04 on Windows 2003No b
In response to 9 12/18/07 02:05 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Well, no other sensible ideas.

I assume both Moodle and LAMS are on the same box?

Are you referring them as "localhost", via an IP address, via a name? If it is localhost, is localhost defined in the hosts file (I can't remember if Windows 2003 might need localhost defined or not).

This sounds like a silly question, because if you are referring to LAMS and Moodle using localhost, and localhost wasn't defined, then Moodle wouldn't be getting through to LAMS at all. But I'm clutching at straws here.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

11: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: problems integrating Moodle 1.83 and LAMS 2.04 on Windows 2003No b
In response to 10 12/18/07 05:27 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Try checking your browser's cookie policy - the HTTP 400 error might indicate that IE is rejecting third party cookies. You can override this by going to Tools menu -> Options, Privacy tab, Advanced button, and enable acceptance of third party cookies.

Of course this is for IE, by default Firefox doesn't block 3rd party cookies I think...

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: problems integrating Moodle 1.83 and LAMS 2.04 on Windows 2003
In response to 4 12/11/07 10:22 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
One more thing to check - which version of PHP are you running on those two machines?

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS