Forum Problems Installing LAMS: MySQL Server

You may request notification for MySQL Server.
Search: 

1: MySQL Server
01/27/09 09:46 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Greetings from Jennie - I have been in touch with Ernie but still having problem on my end that makes me want to throw self and laptop under a moving vehicle ... and laptop could still be replaced at that point ..

Problem:

MySQL Server and port 3306 ...

I have made sure that port 3306 is open on Windows Firewall and input port 3306 as an exception for Norton Firewall also - I hope at least - last error message from MySQL was did I want to open 3306 - it suggested opening another port - so I tried that and "nada" nothing worked .. I am getting at least 3 routines to operate out of 4 ... but the forth is a no go in configuring MySQL ...

What am I doing wrong ... or right for that matter ...

I really do want LAMS to configure properly ... I want it to be installed on Getsmartmoodle .. really I do ... the files are in the root directory as specified and the information is visible from the http://getsmartmoodle.org/admin (thats how it works for me)

Jennie

Posted by virginia lawrence

2: Re: MySQL Server
In response to 1 01/27/09 04:43 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I take it MySQL hasn't configured itself successfully? Easiest thing might be to uninstall and reinstall MySQL. Check to see if the MySQL service has been completely removed (Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services).

I'm not sure if you have any databases in MySQL - if you do, you'll probably want to back those up.

As a debugging trick, you could also try disabling your firewalls temporarily, just so you know they're not the problem.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS