Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Error in tool management with Moodle Adapters

You may request notification for Error in tool management with Moodle Adapters.
Search: 

1: Error in tool management with Moodle Adapters
06/30/09 10:33 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ok I built the tool adapters and deployed them.

Do I need to build and install ALL of lams 2.3.1 for this to work? Perhaps that should be mentioned, in the previous forum post it suggests this even will work with lams 2.2.

Now when I click Tool Management to set them up I get this:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception Hide detail
javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:275) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at org.lamsfoundation.lams.web.filter.LocaleFilter.doFilterInternal(LocaleFilter.java:142) at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:77) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:174) at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:77) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at org.lamsfoundation.lams.web.session.SystemSessionFilter.doFilter(SystemSessionFilter.java:71) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178) at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalValve.java:39) at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:153) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:482) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:482) at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:59) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValv
e.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105) at org.lamsfoundation.lams.integration.security.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:121) at org.lamsfoundation.lams.integration.security.LoginRequestValve.invoke(LoginRequestValve.java:67)

Here is the log:

2009-06-30 12:45:32,855 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web
].[localhost].[/lams/tool/mdscrm10].[action]] Servlet.service() for servlet acti
on threw exception
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.lamsfoundation.lams.integration.service.IIntegr
ationService.getMappedServers(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/util/List;
at org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool.mdscrm.service.MdlScormService.getMapped
Servers(MdlScormService.java:703)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflecti
on(AopUtils.java:287)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJo
inpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:181)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(
ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:148)
at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.in
voke(TransactionInterceptor.java:96)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(
ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:170)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynami
cAopProxy.java:176)

Posted by Dave Bauer

2: Re: Error in tool management with Moodle Adapters
In response to 1 06/30/09 06:14 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Yes, the latest tool adapters were tagged 2.3.1 along with the lams code to signify that you need the 2.3.1 LAMS code for the tool adapters to work. The change since 2.3 was to allow tool adapters to work for several moodle integrations instead of just one.

Alternatively you can checkout the tool adapter code from previous dates (a bit before 2.3 release in 25/05/09) and it should work with previous versions of LAMS.

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

3: Re: Re: Error in tool management with Moodle Adapters
In response to 2 06/30/09 06:20 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ok, i need to make this work on existing 2.3 install. Is there a way to update the existing 2.3 install with 2.3.1 by building all the modules?

Thanks!
Dave

Posted by Dave Bauer

4: Re: Re: Re: Error in tool management with Moodle Adapters
In response to 3 06/30/09 06:59 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Dave,

Why not use the 2.3.1 patch?

Have you built from source and want to retain the database? And did you already have tool adapters installed previously, or are you looking to update them?

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: Error in tool management with Moodle Adapters
In response to 4 06/30/09 07:39 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ah yeah that seems like a good idea :)

Well I started working on the tool adapters before 2.3.1 was out and then finished after so I seem to have gotten my install a little confused :)

I built the tool adapters from source to test it, but apparenty I could have run the 2.3.1 upgrade?

I installed the tool adapters today from 2.3.1 checkout.

It looks like I should be able to make the patch work, possibly slightly modified.

http://www.lamscommunity.org/dotlrn/clubs/technicalcommunity/forums/message-view?message_id=806461

Thanks
Dave

Posted by Dave Bauer

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS